FS: IBM System/360 Reference Card
Author Message
 FS: IBM System/360 Reference Card

I am auctioning an IBM System/360 Reference Card
on eBay.   No reserve.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

This is an early version of the IBM System/360 Reference card.
It is not dated like the later versions. On the back it says
'Printed in U.S.A. X20-1703-5'.

The reference data includes key information for assembly language
programmers.

As an added bonus, the winning bidder also receives an
IBM System/360 OS/360 Assembler Language Data Management
Macro-Instructions reference booklet. This details the format of
DCB and DCBD macros. IBM GX20-1733-3 Rept. 4/70

Bill

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM System/360 Reference Card

Quote:
> I am auctioning an IBM System/360 Reference Card
> on eBay.   No reserve.

I'd be curious how much money that would get.  I'd had a few cards I
gave away, had very little interest.

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM System/360 Reference Card

Quote:
> > I am auctioning an IBM System/360 Reference Card
> > on eBay.   No reserve.

> I'd be curious how much money that would get.  I'd had a few cards I
> gave away, had very little interest.

I paid the full retail price for mine back in 1968.
I think the receipt would worth more now than the 5 cents I paid.

Regards,
Gary

Analyst to programmer: "You start coding. I'll go find out what they
want."

Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM System/360 Reference Card

Quote:

>> > I am auctioning an IBM System/360 Reference Card
>> > on eBay.   No reserve.

>> I'd be curious how much money that would get.  I'd had a few cards I
>> gave away, had very little interest.

Some S/360 stuff is still available from IBM.

S/360 Principles of Operation for $8.40.

I don't know about the reference cards.

-- glen

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM System/360 Reference Card
I have a pink one, a yellow one before that, and an original green one. My
most prized version is a white one with the word "Preliminary" slanted
across the face in light gray. (No, they are not for sale.)
Quote:

>> I am auctioning an IBM System/360 Reference Card
>> on eBay.   No reserve.

>I'd be curious how much money that would get.  I'd had a few cards I
>gave away, had very little interest.

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM System/360 Reference Card
Hi Matt,

It wouldn't suprise me, so I checked all my old cards. Most were
coded GX20- some number. Some were GX28- and one was SR
something - nothing even close to ERO- and my collection includes
a fortran IV, PL/1, and a Release 18 JCL Reference. Maybe some
one has newer cards that have this designation?

Quote:

>> I have a pink one, a yellow one before that, and an original green one.
My
>> most prized version is a white one with the word "Preliminary" slanted
>> across the face in light gray. (No, they are not for sale.)

>This may be an urban legend, but it was told to me by an IBM instructor.
>At some point, one version of these cards had an acronym at the bottom
>identifying the office that published it: the Technical Information
>Center, which was a branch of the Eastern Regional Office. According to
>the story, that version was discontinued when some humorless IBM managers
>noticed the acronym was ERO-TIC.
>Has anybody actually seen one of these?

>--
>Matt Simpson  - Paris, KY

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM System/360 Reference Card

Quote:
>I have a pink one, a yellow one before that, and an original green one. My
>most prized version is a white one with the word "Preliminary" slanted
>across the face in light gray. (No, they are not for sale.)

There was also a white one for the S/360 model 20.  Plus, there's the
blue one for the ESA/370 systems, and a white one for the ESA/390 systems.

Dave

P.S. Standard Disclaimer: I work for them, but I don't speak for them.

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM System/360 Reference Card

Quote:

>This may be an urban legend, but it was told to me by an IBM instructor.
>At some point, one version of these cards had an acronym at the bottom
>identifying the office that published it: the Technical Information
>Center, which was a branch of the Eastern Regional Office. According to
>the story, that version was discontinued when some humorless IBM managers
>noticed the acronym was ERO-TIC.
>Has anybody actually seen one of these?

>--
>Matt Simpson  - Paris, KY

I haven't heard this particular UL before, but I have heard about
the 'Kenmore' card.  I haven't seen it, but supposedly the -0
version of the card for the XA machines had the words arranged as:

     System/370
     Extended
     Architecture
     Reference
     Summary

which, if you take the first letter of each word, reading downward,
spells 'SEARS'  (And, Kenmore was a brand name of appliances from Sears).

Dave

P.S. Standard Disclaimer:  I work for them, but I don't speak for them.

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FS: IBM System/360 Reference Card
I've got a "SEARS" in front of me now.  It's GX20-0157-0 in booklet form
(First Edition (November 1984)) with a pale pink cover.  On the cover,
it indeed says:

        System/370
        Extended
        Archicture
        Reference
        Summary

I never heard of it called "Kenmore", but I did notice that it spelled
"SEARS" at the time I was using it.

Quote:

> >This may be an urban legend, but it was told to me by an IBM instructor.
> >At some point, one version of these cards had an acronym at the bottom
> >identifying the office that published it: the Technical Information
> >Center, which was a branch of the Eastern Regional Office. According to
> >the story, that version was discontinued when some humorless IBM managers
> >noticed the acronym was ERO-TIC.
> >Has anybody actually seen one of these?

> >--
> >Matt Simpson  - Paris, KY

> I haven't heard this particular UL before, but I have heard about
> the 'Kenmore' card.  I haven't seen it, but supposedly the -0
> version of the card for the XA machines had the words arranged as:

>      System/370
>      Extended
>      Architecture
>      Reference
>      Summary

> which, if you take the first letter of each word, reading downward,
> spells 'SEARS'  (And, Kenmore was a brand name of appliances from Sears).

> Dave

> P.S. Standard Disclaimer:  I work for them, but I don't speak for them.

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. WTB: IBM System/360

2. System 360 File System

3. IBM 360 Emulator

4. IBM 360 Emulator

5. Wanted: IBM S/360

6. Assembler Beginner?two pass assembler design for IBM 360

7. FA: APL for the IBM/360 - classic!

8. IBM 360/195

9. IBM 360 history

10. IBM 360/370 emulator on 80x86 ??