MVS Certification Guidelines
Author Message
 MVS Certification Guidelines

Hello,

Need MVS System programming certification guidelines...Which ones out
there are recommended or referred !! Came across some certifications
on net, but could not decide !

Thanks!

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 04:46:22 GMT
 MVS Certification Guidelines

Quote:

> Hello,

> Need MVS System programming certification guidelines...Which ones out
> there are recommended or referred !! Came across some certifications
> on net, but could not decide !

> Thanks!

The only cert I know of is from IBM and it has to do with
Sysplex. Most real sysprogs don't need certification because
we've been doing this for so long...

When I'm looking for people, I'm typically looking for a SR.
Sysprog. I classify a Sr. Sysprog as someone who can install
the O/S from scratch on a dead machine. OR, someone who can
tell me at least 4 files that must be moved from an "MVS"
ServerPak install.

--
Steve Thompson
www.vsstrategies.com

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:57:59 GMT
 MVS Certification Guidelines

Quote:

> > Hello,

> > Need MVS System programming certification guidelines...Which ones out
> > there are recommended or referred !! Came across some certifications
> > on net, but could not decide !

> > Thanks!

> The only cert I know of is from IBM and it has to do with
> Sysplex. Most real sysprogs don't need certification because
> we've been doing this for so long...

> When I'm looking for people, I'm typically looking for a SR.
> Sysprog. I classify a Sr. Sysprog as someone who can install
> the O/S from scratch on a dead machine. OR, someone who can
> tell me at least 4 files that must be moved from an "MVS"
> ServerPak install.

I can tell how long I have been out of things.  I would have to read the
documentation to find the four files your are talking about.  For a dead
machine, I assume they still have a starter system that you can stand
alone restore from tape.  The last time I did system installs and
upgrades was in the 1980's.

> --
> Steve Thompson
> www.vsstrategies.com
> 330/335-7228 office
> Notice: By sending UCE/BCE (a/k/a, spam) to this address,
> you are accepting and agreeing to our charging a $1000 fee,
> per spam item, for handling and processing, and you agree to
> pay any and all costs incurred (including court costs and/or
> attorney's fees) for collecting this fee.

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 03:22:41 GMT
[...]

Me too.

I would expect that installing a ServerPack is a cookbook type approach.

Should not be hard to find out this information.

Probably a post installation step.

No idea why a Sr. would be needed for this. It occurs without much pressure on
a test system.

--

http://www.dissensoftware.com

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 04:30:37 GMT

1. MVS/CICS/VTAM training/certification

2. Trace Cobol/MVS (LE/MVS) dynamic CALL

3. (MVS) Writing a REXX function in MVS C

4. MVS and MVS JCL Users Group/Info Sources

5. US - FL - S.E. ****MVS/CICS PROGRAMMERS (UNIX,MVS/TSO,ISPF,COBOL)****CONTRACT

6. How do I FTP load modules from MVS-->PC-->MVS

7. VAST 4.0 certification program?

8. License argeement and Certification

9. BrainBench has an online Smalltalk certification exam

10. Where ST Certification/Courses in TORONTO?

11. certification exams

12. Windows 95 certification and Smalltalk