MVS tokens
Author Message
 MVS tokens

Is there anywhere that describes how the various MVS tokens are
constructed? The ASSB token is 8 bytes and is definitely a composite
value. The TCB token is 16 bytes and is composed of the ASSB token, some
counter or value and the TCB address(I think). Thanks. Pierre.

Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:34:53 GMT
 MVS tokens
For the ASSB token where is an area in the PC/AUTH-asid which holds
the last 4 bytes of ASSB token. I haven't understood how it works but
I believe the ASID is an index for this table.

Unfortunally all of this areas are OCO.

Roland

Quote:
> Is there anywhere that describes how the various MVS tokens are
> constructed? The ASSB token is 8 bytes and is definitely a composite
> value. The TCB token is 16 bytes and is composed of the ASSB token, some
> counter or value and the TCB address(I think). Thanks. Pierre.

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 05:48:07 GMT
 MVS tokens
Just curious, what is a 'token' and how is it used?

(I'll resist the dumb Metrocard joke.)

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 07:59:42 GMT
 MVS tokens

:>Just curious, what is a 'token' and how is it used?

Depends on which token you are referring to.

In general a token is used to uniquely identify a particular instance of an
object where it is possible that another instance of the same object will be
at the same address in the same memory space. For example, the TCB token
uniquely identifies a TCB - should the TCB terminate and another TCB be
created at the same address, the new TCB will have a different token.

--

http://www.dissensoftware.com

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:18:20 GMT

1. token.f: my simple C token subroutine

2. Trace Cobol/MVS (LE/MVS) dynamic CALL

3. (MVS) Writing a REXX function in MVS C

4. MVS and MVS JCL Users Group/Info Sources

5. US - FL - S.E. ****MVS/CICS PROGRAMMERS (UNIX,MVS/TSO,ISPF,COBOL)****CONTRACT

6. How do I FTP load modules from MVS-->PC-->MVS

7. WLM IWMCONN Connection Token

8. Tokens

9. CSVQUERY EP token

10. PLO instruction lock tokens