Code to maximize console window?
Author Message
 Code to maximize console window?

Hi.
I am a student of C++ and have written hundreds of small programs that run in a
DOS console window. When you run these kind of exes, the console window opens
in a small state. From there you can press that quadruple arrow  "full-screen"
button, or press Alt + Enter to maximize the window. Does anyone know a code
snippet to insert into my C++ console programs that will automatically open the
DOS window to its maximized state? It's probably an Assembly instruction.
Thanks to all who reply.
Mike in Boston

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 07:18:24 GMT
 Code to maximize console window?

Quote:
>Hi.
>I am a student of C++ and have written hundreds of small programs that run in a
>DOS console window. When you run these kind of exes, the console window opens
>in a small state. From there you can press that quadruple arrow  "full-screen"
>button, or press Alt + Enter to maximize the window. Does anyone know a code
>snippet to insert into my C++ console programs that will automatically open the
>DOS window to its maximized state? It's probably an Assembly instruction.
>Thanks to all who reply.
>Mike in Boston

IBM doesn't make a DOS for the 370 any more.  They did have a DOS for
the 360 but that was 35 years ago and the DOS console did not have any
windows since it was a teletype.

You will probably have better luck asking in a Windows or Microsoft
newgroup.

<<Remove the del for email>>

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 12:16:32 GMT
 Code to maximize console window?
On 12 Sep 2000 04:16:32 GMT, Barry Schwarz scribbled:

Quote:
>... and the DOS console did not have any
>windows since it was a teletype.

Well  ...  close  ...  sort of.
The IBM 1052 was to a TTY what a microwave oven is to a wood stove.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones         |  jonz             |  W3DHJ     |  OS/2

  7,703' -- 2,345m     |    frontier.net   |  DM68mn                SK

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 23:55:57 GMT
 Code to maximize console window?

Quote:
> The IBM 1052 was to a TTY what a microwave oven is to a wood stove.

I wouldn't go that far---more like a coal stove to a wood stove.
Different fuels, but the same principle of using them and function.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 02:12:45 GMT
 Code to maximize console window?

Quote:
>On 12 Sep 2000 04:16:32 GMT, Barry Schwarz scribbled:
>>... and the DOS console did not have any
>>windows since it was a teletype.

>Well  ...  close  ...  sort of.
>The IBM 1052 was to a TTY what a microwave oven is to a wood stove.

If I had said selectric, I wonder how many would know what I meant.

<<Remove the del for email>>

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 13:53:48 GMT
 Code to maximize console window?
The typewriter that looked and felt like a 2741.

Bob

Quote:

> >On 12 Sep 2000 04:16:32 GMT, Barry Schwarz scribbled:
> >>... and the DOS console did not have any
> >>windows since it was a teletype.

> >Well  ...  close  ...  sort of.
> >The IBM 1052 was to a TTY what a microwave oven is to a wood stove.
> If I had said selectric, I wonder how many would know what I meant.

> <<Remove the del for email>>

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Code to maximize console window?

2. Hiding the DOS console on a console application on Windows

3. Newbie unable to kill window after Maximizing window.

4. Window Handle / Maximize dos window ???

5. maximizing windows in motif and windows

6. On Windows, don't use a maximize box if the Windows is not resizable

7. how maximize records display in maximized BrowseBox/Listbox

8. Sizing/positioning the console window in Windows

9. Windows oddity with focus and the console window

10. Window's Console window (where is stdout)

11. Maximizing code portability

12. maximizing a window?