Need to purchase 80 column punchcards...
Author Message
 Need to purchase 80 column punchcards...

Ok maybe not 100% relevant to the group but I suspect someone here
knows the answer off the top of their head: I need a supplier of punch
cards. Failing that if someone can remember the name of a major
manufacturer or two I'll call around.

Email or post is fine.

Thank you.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 617-739-0202        | Login: 617-739-WRLD

Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need to purchase 80 column punchcards...
My recollection is that we used to purchase our 5081 card media from Moore
Business Forms, but that was a very long time ago.

We also purchased a lot of stuff from Cascade Paper, but I don't recall if we
ever got cards from them.

Mark A. Young

Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need to purchase 80 column punchcards...

Quote:

> My recollection is that we used to purchase our 5081 card media from Moore
> Business Forms, but that was a very long time ago.

> We also purchased a lot of stuff from Cascade Paper, but I don't recall if we
> ever got cards from them.

> Mark A. Young

IBM was also a major seller of punched cards, with a plant in Dayton
(NJ, I think). You might try them.

Have you tried a Web search?

Bill {*filter*}

Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need to purchase 80 column punchcards...

Quote:
> Ok maybe not 100% relevant to the group but I suspect someone here
> knows the answer off the top of their head: I need a supplier of punch
> cards. Failing that if someone can remember the name of a major
> manufacturer or two I'll call around.

These are still made for use as indexing cards.  If you can't find
a source from the major vendor, email me and I'll get you my
employer's vendor.  (They were listed on our vendor data base.)

Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need to purchase 80 column punchcards...
Don't laugh, but you might try "Government surplus".  There should be a
GSA office near you.

      -jc-

Quote:

> Ok maybe not 100% relevant to the group but I suspect someone here
> knows the answer off the top of their head: I need a supplier of punch
> cards. Failing that if someone can remember the name of a major
> manufacturer or two I'll call around.

> Email or post is fine.

> Thank you.

> --
>         -Barry Shein

> Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 617-739-0202        | Login: 617-739-WRLD

Mon, 22 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need to purchase 80 column punchcards...

Quote:
> These are still made for use as indexing cards.  If you can't find
> a source from the major vendor, email me and I'll get you my
> employer's vendor.  (They were listed on our vendor data base.)

Are people still using them as _punch_ cards, or as index cards?

Several people emailed requesting information.  Our vendor data base
is apparently public record and accessible at:

From my employer's web page:
http://www.state.nj.us/infobank/noa/noa.htm

Go to item
T0323    CARDS,TABULATING: STANDARD & DOCUMENTAR

Under that you can get various information.
The vendor is:

ELECTRONIC DATA MAGNETICS
210 OLD THOMASVILLE RD
PO BOX 7208
HIGH POINT, NC 27260

CONTACT PHONE: 800-336-8115

Note, I do not use them myself at work and am not familiar with
this particular contract, nor if it is still active.

Good luck!

Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need to purchase 80 column punchcards...
A number of people emailed me requesting a vendor for punched cards.  It
was posted.

I was wondering if people actually were _punching_ cards in a keypunch
or computer cardpunch; or whether they were using them for index cards.

Could someone advise?  Thanks!

Thu, 25 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need to purchase 80 column punchcards...
They're just right for grocery lists.  Fit neatly into pocket (mine) or
purse (my wife's).

Haven't seen a punch or a reader for many years and don't care to.

Bob

Quote:

> A number of people emailed me requesting a vendor for punched cards.  It
> was posted.

> I was wondering if people actually were _punching_ cards in a keypunch
> or computer cardpunch; or whether they were using them for index cards.

> Could someone advise?  Thanks!

Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need to purchase 80 column punchcards...

Quote:
>They're just right for grocery lists.  Fit neatly into pocket (mine) or
>purse (my wife's).

Hey, that's what I use 'em for.  At the rate I'm using them, I figure
I have a 400 year supply of grocery list blanks.

/Leonard

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need to convert 80-column punch cards to PC

2. Help needed: communication Mac Sm-80 with Sun, graphics in Sm-80

3. More than 80 columns?

4. Routine to show text on 132 column instead of 80

5. Using more than 80 columns

6. ASIS (Was Re: IrisAda) REPOST - REFORMATTED TO 80 COLUMNS

7. Turbo Modula-2 for Z-80 CP/M-80

8. CHARACTER*1 A(80) and CHARACTER*80 A?

9. character*80 versus character*1 (80)

10. ST-80/OS/2 vs. ST-80/Windows

11. Resize ST-80 Browser Panes (was Cognitive Overload with ST-80)

12. Exchange ST-80/Win v2.5 for ST-80/OS2 v2.5