S/370 Principles of Operation
Author Message
 S/370 Principles of Operation

Hello all, I'm a computer science student just beginning a course in S/370
assembly and have been trying to find the S/370 Principles of Operation (or
information on how to obtain it) on the internet for the better portion of
a day. Is this publication still being sold? Is it in the public domain? Is
it lost in out-of-print limbo?

I would appreciate any information on this or a suitable replacement
book/manual.

dangermouse (tom)

Mon, 13 Feb 2006 03:19:28 GMT
 S/370 Principles of Operation
Tom,
  The newest in this family (360/370/390 etc.) is:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/DZ9ZR002/C...

pdf version at:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/download/dz9zr00...

The closest one I can find to 370 is the 390 book:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/DZ9AR004/C...

(no pdf available)

--
Don Poitras - Sas

Quote:

> Hello all, I'm a computer science student just beginning a course in S/370
> assembly and have been trying to find the S/370 Principles of Operation (or
> information on how to obtain it) on the internet for the better portion of
> a day. Is this publication still being sold? Is it in the public domain? Is
> it lost in out-of-print limbo?
> I would appreciate any information on this or a suitable replacement
> book/manual.
> dangermouse (tom)

Mon, 13 Feb 2006 04:04:46 GMT
 S/370 Principles of Operation
Thanks a lot, I hope those are close enough :)

tom

Quote:
> Tom,
>   The newest in this family (360/370/390 etc.) is:

> http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/DZ9ZR002/CCO
> NTENTS?SHELF=IEA2BK32&DN=SA22-7832-02&DT=20030424140649

> pdf version at:

> http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/download/dz9zr002.
> pdf?ACTION=SAVE&DT=20030424140649

> The closest one I can find to 370 is the 390 book:

> http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/DZ9AR004/CCO
> NTENTS?SHELF=IEA1BK15&DN=SA22-7201-04&DT=19970613131822

> (no pdf available)

Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:50:03 GMT
 S/370 Principles of Operation

Quote:
> Hello all, I'm a computer science student just beginning a course in S/370
> assembly and have been trying to find the S/370 Principles of Operation
(or
> information on how to obtain it) on the internet for the better portion of
> a day. Is this publication still being sold? Is it in the public domain?
Is
> it lost in out-of-print limbo?

> I would appreciate any information on this or a suitable replacement
> book/manual.

I believe it is still being sold, and the price is pretty good, too.  Less
than two paperback novels last time I checked.

ESA/390 and z/Architecture are available in PDS form, but the paper versions
aren't all that expensive, either.  (The -0 z/Architecture, at least, is
reasonably priced.  The price goes up fast from there.)

S/370 is somewhat more readable.  S/360 version was available until a few
years ago.

-- glen

Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:55:16 GMT

1. Principles of Operation still there?

2. FS/370 System/370 Emulator

3. 370 pseudo-ops (was: Questions on some 370 psuedo-ops {sic})

4. 370 pseudo-ops (was: Questions on some 370 psuedo-ops {sic})

5. Q: Free 370 Assembler?

6. IBM system 370

7. learning 370

8. using PC/370

9. Shareware 370 environment and assembler under Linux?

10. how can learn 370 Asm

11. Assembler 370 compiler.....Windows/DOS

12. PC/370