IBM/370 architecture specification
Author Message
 IBM/370 architecture specification

I assume you are going to limit yourself to some part of the architecture,
like the insturction set, and not all of it (are you going to simulate the
IO subsystem etc?) Also I assume you are clear about what gets done by the
OS and what is really part of the arch - since it can get confusing a bit.

Most of the relevant documents are on the web, and orderable from IBM on
CD (afaik, quite cheap).

The basic doc is of course the POP (Principles of Operations, aka POO).
Anyway, start here: http://www.*-*-*.com/

The ESA/390 POP as PDF is here:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

If you need more clues, I'd be happy to try to help.

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;== My home on the web
Check it out and subscribe to the E-List- for interesting essays and more!

|Hello,
|
|I am going to write a simulator for ibm/370 architecture as a project. I
|know there are books about the architecture, but is there a specification
|for it on the net?
|
|I've been searching for a long time, but couldn't find one... Can anyone
|help?
|
|Thanks in advance.
|
|Michael Orlov
|CS Dept., BGU
|Israel

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;== My home on the web
Check it out and subscribe to the E-List- for interesting essays and more!

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IBM/370 architecture specification

|It's probably the instruction set, I am yet to discuss the details with my
|supervisor. One of the targets is to make the simulator fast.

Well - make the scope clear from the start! If I can deduce from your
saying "fast" that it is for some practical use (not just a teaching
assignment), you might want to use some commercial offering.

|An excellent reference -- thanks! They produce good docs at IBM.

Yap. One of the nice things about IBM..

p.s
Once you get to know their manuals, and learn the IBM-speak that is...

http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ehudlamm <== My home on the web
Check it out and subscribe to the E-List- for interesting essays and more!

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Simulator for IBM 370 architecture

2. Simulator for IBM 370 architecture

3. SYSTEM 370 ARCHITECTURE

4. IBM system 370

5. IBM Mainframe 370

6. OS for IBM 370

7. FA: Assembler Language Programming for the IBM 370

8. IBM 370 Mainframe Board for the PC

9. FS: IBM System/370 Emergency Pull Knob

10. ibm pc/370 -- what is this beast???

11. IBM 370 ASM to C

12. IBM 370 Assembler Emulator for WIN95