Emulator questions
Author Message
 Emulator questions

I teach BAL/Assembler at a local community college.  Since they replaced
their MVS with an AS/400, I do not have a good way to teach this class.  The
school is going to have me use the "ASSIST" compiler for PC's.

I have used this in the past and found it to be satisfactory.  Does anyone
have any other suggestions?

Bill Fink

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Emulator questions

Quote:

> I teach BAL/Assembler at a local community college.  Since they replaced
> their MVS with an AS/400, I do not have a good way to teach this class.  The
> school is going to have me use the "ASSIST" compiler for PC's.

> I have used this in the past and found it to be satisfactory.  Does anyone
> have any other suggestions?

> Bill Fink

Bill -

  If you think the school can swing for it; I'd suggest Tachyon
Software's
emulator... (recently discussed in this newsgroup...)

  See http://www.tachyonsoft.com/tachyon  for info.

     - Dave Rivers -

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Emulator questions
I have had lots of fun using the Higgins PC/370 program.  It works very well
once you get the hang of it.

There are sites out there that you can download the original shareware
version from.

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Emulator questions
I have been unsuccessful in locating the source of the download for the Higgins
PC/370 program. Can you supply it? Thanks.

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Emulator questions

Quote:
>I have been unsuccessful in locating the source of the download for the Higgins
>PC/370 program. Can you supply it? Thanks.

It can be found at:

ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/emulate/pc370v42.zip

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Emulator questions
I wouldn't mind finding a 1401 Autocoder emulator that could run on an
X86 PC just for curiosity's sake.

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Emulator questions
you know what curiosity did to the cat, don't you?

Judy Anderson
Product Development
Advanced Software Technologies Company, Ltd.

Quote:

>I wouldn't mind finding a 1401 Autocoder emulator that could run on an
>X86 PC just for curiosity's sake.

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Emulator questions
Hmmm... Wonder how many cats have to walk across how many
keyboards to produce a working 390 assembler program?

Judy

Quote:

>No, but I know what my cat does to my computer work whenever he
>jumps up and walks across the keyboard before I can shoo him away.
>Not a pretty sight.

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Emulator questions

Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Emulator questions

Quote:
> you know what curiosity did to the cat, don't you?

No, but I know what my cat does to my computer work whenever he
jumps up and walks across the keyboard before I can shoo him away.
Not a pretty sight.

Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Emulator questions

Quote:

>Hmmm... Wonder how many cats have to walk across how many
>keyboards to produce a working 390 assembler program?

I generally have one sitting in my lap demanding to be petted while I'm
cranking out that code...  :-)

Later,
Ray

--
M. Ray Mullins (http://www.lerctr.org/~mrm/) from Roseville, California
California Transit Publications - your one stop shop for transit marketing,

Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Emulator questions
Not too many. Just enough to create XR 15,15 and  BR 14.

Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Emulator questions

Quote:

>Hmmm... Wonder how many cats have to walk across how many
>keyboards to produce a working 390 assembler program?

>Judy

>>No, but I know what my cat does to my computer work whenever he
>>jumps up and walks across the keyboard before I can shoo him away.
>>Not a pretty sight.

I have a long haired cat that just loves walking on keyboards. He probably
thinks its a foot massager. He's truly EXCELLENT at crashing the machine
with unsaved work (asm code, doc, almost about to win solitaire etc). He
also loves it when I win at solitaire. Drives him nuts trying to catch those
cards....

Chris

Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Arabic Emulator question

2. VWNC30 on PowerMac with Windows emulator?

3. IBM 360 Emulator

4. IBM 360 Emulator

5. Unix APL Terminal Emulator?

6. APL terminal emulators