High used/allocated RBA count
Author Message
 High used/allocated RBA count

Praesh,

Quote:
> I need to find out how much space is actually being used by DB2 allocated
> vsam linear dataset.

Do nothing outside of DB2 on a DB2 controlled VSAM dataset. Use the
DB2 STOSPACE-Utility and use SQL to get the statistics form DB2-catalog.

Roland

Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 High used/allocated RBA count
Hello Gurus,

I need to find out how much space is actually being used by DB2 allocated
vsam linear dataset. The only reference I found was, using the SHOWCB macro,
but I am hardly an assembler programmer myself. I will really appreciate, if
you can provide me with a sample program that I can call from my "C"
program.

Known,

Cluster/Data Component name
VOLSER

Required,

High Used RBA value of data component.
High Allocated RBA value of data component.

I need to get this information for few thousand datasets every week. Please
comment on the efficiency if possible.

TIA

Paresh

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 High used/allocated RBA count
I would have preferred that - if that was possible. Since I need "USED"
space value as opposed to "ALLOCATED" space value, and specially for
indexes, there is no reliable way to find out how much space an Index is
using from DB2 catalog. I routinely do LISTCAT to find out what the
high-RBA count is (it keeps changing with DB2 activity, but that' OK),
and it is much too tedious.

Thanks for your response.

Please respond if anyone knows how to find out space utilization for a
DB2 INDEX.

Paresh

Quote:

> Praesh,

> > I need to find out how much space is actually being used by DB2 allocated
> > vsam linear dataset.

> Do nothing outside of DB2 on a DB2 controlled VSAM dataset. Use the
> DB2 STOSPACE-Utility and use SQL to get the statistics form DB2-catalog.

> Roland

Mon, 20 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How high can TickCount count?

2. COURSES: High Level Design Using VHDL, Advanced Techniques Using VHDL, Portland, OR

3. COURSES: High Level Design Using VHDL, Advanced Techniques Using VHDL, Portland, OR

4. COURSES: High Level Design Using VHDL, Advanced Techniques Using VHDL, Portland, OR

5. COURSES: High Level Design Using VHDL, Advanced Techniques Using VHDL, Portland, OR

6. COURSES: High Level Design Using VHDL, Advanced Techniques Using VHDL, Portland, OR

7. COURSES: High Level Design Using Verilog, Advanced Techniques Using Verilog, Portland, OR

8. COURSES: High Level Design Using Verilog, Advanced Techniques Using Verilog, Portland, OR

9. COURSES: High Level Design Using Verilog, Advanced Techniques Using Verilog, Portland, OR

10. COURSES: High Level Design Using Verilog, Advanced Techniques Using Verilog, Portland, OR

11. COURSES: High Level Design Using Verilog, Advanced Techniques Using Verilog, Portland, OR

12. COURSES: High Level Design Using Verilog, Advanced Techniques Using Verilog, Portland, OR