Obtaining real address
Author Message
 Obtaining real address

I, too, am interested in how to get the real address/device number
from within a guest, given the virtual address/device number, without
having to parse QUERY VIRTUAL replies.  Diagnose X'24' and X'210'
do not provide the real address.

Brian Eliot
Information Technology Services
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Mon, 11 Oct 1993 23:54:50 GMT
 Obtaining real address
I know of no other way of getting the real addr but doing
the Q VIRT. I'd have more luck getting the machine to cook
my breakfast.

Tue, 12 Oct 1993 04:12:03 GMT
 Obtaining real address

Quote:

>I know of no other way of getting the real addr but doing
>the Q VIRT. I'd have more luck getting the machine to cook
>my breakfast.

Would I need a modem to do this?  Does this come with user interface
programs for remote access from PCs for those of us who would rather
have our hot oatmeal at home?

:-)
--
 /***************************************************************************\

\ Lietuva laisva -- Brivu Latviju -- Eesti vabaks  |  people; CRIMINALS do!!  /
 \***************************************************************************/

Tue, 12 Oct 1993 07:24:15 GMT
 Obtaining real address

Quote:

>I know of no other way of getting the real addr but doing
>the Q VIRT. I'd have more luck getting the machine to cook
>my breakfast.

Would I need a modem to do this?  Does this come with user interface
programs for remote access from PCs for those of us who would rather
have our hot oatmeal at home?

:-)
--
 /***************************************************************************\

\ Lietuva laisva -- Brivu Latviju -- Eesti vabaks  |  people; CRIMINALS do!!  /
 \***************************************************************************/

Tue, 12 Oct 1993 07:24:15 GMT

1. Obtaining Contents of an Address

2. Obtaining NIC Address

3. How to obtain GPIB my address

4. REXX MVS How to obtain the list of active address spaces

5. Questions on obtain real time delay in VHDL simulation

6. How to obtain current IP address?

7. Protected Mode / Real Address Mode

8. 4 Gb segs in Real Address Mode

9. 4 Gb segs in Real Address Mode

10. 4 Gb segs in Real Address Mode

11. Segmented addressing real mode and protected mode

12. Converting from real address to segment with offset