JOB step TCB #2
Author Message
 JOB step TCB #2

Starting from ASXBFTCB, how do I find the JOB step TCB for TSOs,STCs and
initiated JOBs?

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 JOB step TCB #2

Quote:

> Starting from ASXBFTCB, how do I find the JOB step TCB for TSOs,STCs and
> initiated JOBs?

As I recall, you must interrogate the system to determine if you
are an INIT, STC, or TSU (TSO).  There is a bit in the ASCB and I
think another in the ASXB that tells you this (sorry, I don't
have the manuals handy or I'd give you the actual coding with all
the USINGS).

Now, you must also know if you are JES2 or JES3 (as I vaguely
recall, there is one more TCB in the chain for JES3).  So, for
the JES2 INIT (batch job) situation, you have the Address Space
TCB, the Dump TCB, the STC/INIT TCB and then the JOBSTEP TCB.

Hope this helps.

--
Steve Thompson
OSP LLC

Remove "_" in email address to contact me -- anti-spam measures
in use

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. JOB step TCB

2. IBM Mainframe COBOL - getting JOBNAME, STEPNAME, TCB, PROGRAM-NAME, Job Number, etc

3. $step and $job variables ??

4. step-by-step

5. MySQL step by step for Erwi

6. step by step to MySQL

7. How to draw a graph step by step ?

8. Newbie again: Step-by-step execution?

9. step by step loading a design into flash with nios excalibur

10. WTD PC Assembly Language Step by Step (book disk)

11. Assembly Language step by step by Jeff Duntemann

12. Basic Tutotial Step by step PM