SPQE and SPQA blocks
Author Message
 SPQE and SPQA blocks

In zOS 1.3, in the SPQE block, there is this pointer to the SPQA block.
There is also a pointer to the SPQX block.

I know what the SPQA block is is meant for.

I don't know what the SPQX block is meant for.

Can someone explain ?

Thanks

Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:54:08 GMT
 SPQE and SPQA blocks
It's all part of the reorg of control blocks to keep
track of the various categories of virtual storage
now present since the advent of 64-bit addresability.
These changes were introduced with OS/390 2.10.
Have a >good< look in SYS1.MODGEN(IHASPQA).
Quote:

> In zOS 1.3, in the SPQE block, there is this pointer to the SPQA block.
> There is also a pointer to the SPQX block.

> I know what the SPQA block is is meant for.

> I don't know what the SPQX block is meant for.

> Can someone explain ?

> Thanks

Sun, 22 Jan 2006 10:12:28 GMT

1. std blocks vs blocks+cache ( was: block behavior)

2. question on return from blocks and ensure: blocks

3. ERROR "Corrupt Block/Unknown Block Freed"

4. Corrupt block/unknown block type freed bug

5. 0 BLOCK in Gforth (Was: Blocks Help etc.)

6. blocks and lambdas, or blocks as first-class entities

7. Associating block to block call?

8. Block passing: obj.new(){block}

9. blocking and non-blocking assignment

10. Strange behaviour with blocking and non-blocking assignment

11. blocking/non-blocking

12. Conversion of Altera Block RAM to Xilinx Block RAM