Making IPCS BLSQMxxx macro entries ?
Author Message
 Making IPCS BLSQMxxx macro entries ?

There exist macros BLSQMDEF and BLSQMFLD which are used to describe
the layout of your control blocks.  Then IPCS (or even SNAP dump) can
use these layouts to format your data.

So surely someone has come up with code to read the SYSADATA file from
the assembler and generate the appropriate BLSQMFLD macros.  IBM
distributes complete sets of macro calls with e.g. JES2, but as far as
I can see there's no program to do the grunt work.  I can't be the
first to want such a thing.  Pointers anyone ?

Tony H.

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Making IPCS BLSQMxxx macro entries ?
<snip>

Quote:
> So surely someone has come up with code to read the SYSADATA file from
> the assembler and generate the appropriate BLSQMFLD macros.  <snip>

That's been on my list of things to do for years.  My DA$ADATA program
at

        http://www.ticnet.com/davea/mvs/freeware/da$ADATA.htm

will do some VERY basic REXX equates for DSECT field offsets and
lengths. It's been my plan to use DA$ADATA to make Rexx equates for the
HLASM SYSADATA DSECT and then write an IPCS BLSQMFLD Control Block
creator Rexx exec.  There's only so many hours in the day - sigh.  I am
at the point in a project where I want to write a IPCS verb exit (I have
an assembler skeleton that I wrote in 1991) and then have it dump
control blocks.

Wed, 29 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. making and running excel or word macros

2. IPCs in REXX?

3. VX-REXX Entry field: disable makes text illegible

4. making syslog entries in tcl

5. Making entry field active by default?

6. A macro involving two sub-macros - where the 2nd macro needs results from the first

7. macro -vs- macro/codeblock

8. Help with macros writing macros in Bigloo

9. syntax-rules macros with sub-macros

10. Scheme macro source: rewriter-widget, a widely applicable macro interface

11. Macros defining macros with define-syntax

12. symbol-macros and regular macros