IEBUPDTE
Author Message
 IEBUPDTE

Does anybody know if there is some utility like IEBUPDTE
that runs on DOS/WINDOWS?

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 IEBUPDTE
On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:51:50 GMT, Max scribbled:

Quote:
>Does anybody know if there is some utility like IEBUPDTE
>that runs on DOS/WINDOWS?

Gawd, I hope not!!  <BG>

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones         |  jonz             |  W3DHJ     |  OS/2

  7,703' -- 2,345m     |    frontier.net   |  DM68mn                SK

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 IEBUPDTE

Quote:
>Does anybody know if there is some utility like IEBUPDTE
>that runs on DOS/WINDOWS?

Several from the Unix world that have been ported to win95/nt come to mind:

sed - generalized editor
perl - can do the same as sed
patch - used to apply patch files which are the output from the "diff"
command.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 IEBUPDTE

Quote:
>Does anybody know if there is some utility like IEBUPDTE
>that runs on DOS/WINDOWS?

You seem like someone who needs to download  PDS into a directory on his
PC - have you considered FTP?  If it's available, it's probably the
simplest solution (using the MGET and PROMPT commands).

Other than that, many people have had the same problem you're having and
have written programs in various languages to parse ./ ADD cards in an
IEBUPDTE stream and created files on their PC - I've written one in REXX
myself, although I haven't used it in years.

 Gilbert Saint-flour
 Automated Migration Services
 http://members.home.net/gsf/

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 IEBUPDTE
Do you mean a straight ftp from the PDS to a PC? Maybe
he should "unload" it first. The directory has keyed
records and that won't fit to well into FAT/NTFS, etc
file system architectures. (Maybe I missed a post.)

Quote:

--
Alex Vrenios, kx9i
1998 PC800: Kazesan

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 IEBUPDTE

Quote:
> Does anybody know if there is some utility like IEBUPDTE
> that runs on DOS/WINDOWS?

It's been a while since I was on DOS Rel 26, but it did include
a set of utilities that worked similarly to IEBUPDTE.  I would
presume DOS/VSE would still have such things.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 IEBUPDTE
I have a version of IEBUPDTE written in Delphi, it only handles './ ADD NAME='
statements and splits a sequential file into its associated "members" i.e. PC
file name is member name with the extension specified on the invoking command.
Command syntax is:

        IEBUPDTE source-file target-directory extension

If you are interested in it, let me know.

Quote:

--
Robert Ngan
CSC Financial Services Group

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 IEBUPDTE

Quote:

>Does anybody know if there is some utility like IEBUPDTE
>that runs on DOS/WINDOWS?

It is very easy to do in awk, and there is a DOS version
of gawk.  I think that is what I did when I wanted to
do this.

Note the newsgroup that is alphabetically after this one?

-- glen

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT