XDUMP
Author Message
 XDUMP

Does anyone know if the source code for the XDUMP assist macro for IBM
370 is available?  I haven't been able to find it.  I need to be able to
do the things that XDUMP could do for a project I'm working on.
Thanks,
--
Tyrannus

Mon, 03 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 XDUMP

:>Does anyone know if the source code for the XDUMP assist macro for IBM
:>370 is available?  I haven't been able to find it.  I need to be able to
:>do the things that XDUMP could do for a project I'm working on.
:>Thanks,

I believe that assist implements XDUMP as an op-code.

I suggest that you examine the SNAP macro. It will probably fill your needs.

Mon, 03 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 XDUMP
Guess I should post all of my old 3302 labs, eh?   ;)
Quote:

>Does anyone know if the source code for the XDUMP assist macro for IBM
>370 is available?  I haven't been able to find it.  I need to be able to
>do the things that XDUMP could do for a project I'm working on.
>Thanks,

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 XDUMP
Does anyone have any idea when I can find (purchse or gift) and old core
memory from the S/360?  Would like to frame it for my kids --

tia

Sat, 15 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 XDUMP
On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:40:14 -0800, "SoCalJoe"

Quote:
>Does anyone have any idea when I can find (purchse or gift) and old core
>memory from the S/360?  Would like to frame it for my kids --

>tia

Be sure to re-inforce the wall before you hang it :)

Cheers,

          ////
         (o o)
-oOO--(_)--OOo-

Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.

 Steve

Sun, 16 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 XDUMP

Quote:
>Does anyone have any idea when I can find (purchse or gift) and old
core
>memory from the S/360?  Would like to frame it for my kids --

I carry an old 360/30 core memory around in my wallet. When I
acquired it in 1973 I could see the hole in the center with the
{*filter*} eye. Now I can no longer see the hole in the center, even with
my reading glasses on. I have it taped to the back of an old
business card. Most people think it is a blot of ink.

Sorry, it is not for sale. Over the years I have shown it to a lot
of people, especially programmers. It amazes me how many old timer
programmers have never seen a 360 core memory.

Good luck in your search. If you happen to live around San Jose, CA,
have your kids stop by and I can show it to them.

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 XDUMP

Quote:

> I carry an old 360/30 core memory around in my wallet. When I
> acquired it in 1973 I could see the hole in the center with the
> {*filter*} eye. Now I can no longer see the hole in the center, even with
> my reading glasses on. I have it taped to the back of an old
> business card. Most people think it is a blot of ink.

> Sorry, it is not for sale. Over the years I have shown it to a lot
> of people, especially programmers. It amazes me how many old timer
> programmers have never seen a 360 core memory.

> Good luck in your search. If you happen to live around San Jose, CA,
> have your kids stop by and I can show it to them.

I remember seeing piles of core in the surplus electronics stores I used
to hang around in the mid 70's.  Sounds like I had a chance to invest in
my future and blew it as usual!

Tom Brennan

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 XDUMP

Quote:

> I remember seeing piles of core in the surplus electronics stores I used
> to hang around in the mid 70's.  Sounds like I had a chance to invest in
> my future and blew it as usual!

Doesn't the computer museum in Boston sell core assemblies? The used to,
at any rate.

--

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
Reply to host nsf (dot) gov, user smetz