Public Access OS/390?
Author Message
 Public Access OS/390?

Hi ..

I've been swimming upstream for years :-)

I migrated from Windows NT -> OS/2.
I'm migrating from PC's to Big Iron.

I've got Internet access to VM/ESA ... been poking
around that abyss since 1994. Been doing OS/400
for a couple of years. Wrote a java interpreter
that runs on both ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )

I did some MVS for IBM in 1995 ... would like to revisit
that world now that it's OS/390 (and also try my java
interpreter on OS/390 java).

Is there anyone who offers free or reasonable access
to OS/390 for nerding around?

TIA for any pointers.

--
Jack J. Woehr                 # The Drug War is Race War
PO Box 51, Golden, CO 80402   # The Drug War is Class War.

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jax/rcfb # Arrest the War on {*filter*}.

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Public Access OS/390?
I'm retired after having spent the last 20 years of my career in MVT,MVS,and
VM,and I would also like to continue using OS. If you find a reasonable access
to a site, I would appreciate any info.

 Warren O. Colvin

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Public Access OS/390?

Quote:

> I'm retired after having spent the last 20 years of my career in MVT,MVS,and
> VM,and I would also like to continue using OS. If you find a reasonable access
> to a site, I would appreciate any info.

Warren, I'll post here if I find something. Do thou likewise! :-)

--
Jack J. Woehr                 # The Drug War is Race War
PO Box 51, Golden, CO 80402   # The Drug War is Class War.

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jax/rcfb # Arrest the War on {*filter*}.

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Public Access OS/390?

Quote:
>Is there anyone who offers free or reasonable access
>to OS/390 for nerding around?

I can give you a TSO guest account with limited authority on our P/390
which runs OS/360 R6.   Access would be via the Internet using Telnet or
TN3270.  Let me know if you're interested.

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Public Access OS/390?

Quote:

>>Is there anyone who offers free or reasonable access
>>to OS/390 for nerding around?

>I can give you a TSO guest account with limited authority on our P/390
>which runs OS/360 R6.   Access would be via the Internet using Telnet or

OS/360?

Actually, I wonder what IBM will have after the end of the decade
(whenever that is!)

 OS/400? No, probably not...

OS/300? Sounds like a backward move...

OS/3A0?

OS/3X0?

Andy Wood

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Public Access OS/390?

Quote:
>Actually, I wonder what IBM will have after the end of the decade
>(whenever that is!)

> OS/400? No, probably not...

>OS/300? Sounds like a backward move...

>OS/3A0?

>OS/3X0?

Probably OS/2000

Hmmm.... shorten that... to... OS/2?  Nahhhhhh

Judy Anderson
Product Development
Advanced Software Technologies Company, Ltd.

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Public Access OS/390?

Quote:

(snip)

> OS/360?

> Actually, I wonder what IBM will have after the end of the decade
> (whenever that is!)

>  OS/400? No, probably not...

> OS/300? Sounds like a backward move...

> OS/3A0?

> OS/3X0?

> Andy Wood

OS/2000?

OS2K?

OS/720?

Bill {*filter*}

Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Public Access OS/390?
My vote would be for -------- OS/YUCK2K
Quote:

>(snip)

>> OS/360?

>> Actually, I wonder what IBM will have after the end of the decade
>> (whenever that is!)

>>  OS/400? No, probably not...

>> OS/300? Sounds like a backward move...

>> OS/3A0?

>> OS/3X0?

>> Andy Wood

>OS/2000?

>OS2K?

>OS/720?

>Bill {*filter*}

Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. OS/390 release test periods Re: default variable initialization under os/390 v2r8

2. Cobol OS/390 to C OS/390 V2R6

3. Accessing DB2 database on OS/390 host

4. CobAnal for MVS, OS/390 and z/OS New version

5. IBM announces new release of z/OS (OS/390) compiler

6. Python for IBM OS/400 OS/390

7. Books on os/390

8. JNI and OS 390 C/C++

9. USA CA Norwalk - IBM MVS-OS/390 Systems Programmer

10. OS/390 Training in Copenhagen/Scandanavia

11. Need title for new OS/390 applications programmer course