TCP/IP Under MVS: Assembler Interface
Author Message
 TCP/IP Under MVS: Assembler Interface

Does anyone have experience with the MVS TCP/IP assembler interface
(Version 2, Rel 2.1)?:

I have written a socket program:
Works fine, in interactive mode;
when I try to connect under Batch, I'm getting an error 60
from the connect() call.

Looking through the Assembly, I see no obviously-TSO-dependent
control blocks, involved in the TCP/IP or IUCV interface.

Any ideas?  Anyone know where I can contact Ron Lane (who
spoke at SHARE on the interface, but does not seem to be listed
in the IBM internal directory).

Thanks,
dave
--
dave

Dave Weintraub    The Applied Physics Laboratory   The Johns Hopkins University
Johns Hopkins Road 3-145:Laurel MD 20723-6099 USA:(301)-953-5839:(410)-792-5839
WB3KWW

Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:20:59 GMT
 TCP/IP Under MVS: Assembler Interface

Quote:
>Any ideas?  Anyone know where I can contact Ron Lane (who
>spoke at SHARE on the interface, but does not seem to be listed
>in the IBM internal directory).

You might try (800) 426-7378.  I looked him up and that was the number listed.
It says he is in Dallas, which I found unusual.  Research Triangle Park, NC is the
location of TCP/IP for MVS, not Dallas.  Oh well...:)

David M. Onder

Fri, 15 Aug 1997 23:51:56 GMT
 TCP/IP Under MVS: Assembler Interface

Quote:

>Does anyone have experience with the MVS TCP/IP assembler interface
>(Version 2, Rel 2.1)?:

Yes, I've been doing it since Version 1.

Quote:
>Works fine, in interactive mode;
>when I try to connect under Batch, I'm getting an error 60

This is "connection timed out".  I've never had this problem in
batch.  Try looking at NETSTAT CONN and NETSTAT CLIENTS to see
if there is anything obvious.  Also you could use the trace feature
of the TCPIP started task.  If all else fails, post your code...

Quote:
>Anyone know where I can contact Ron Lane (who
>spoke at SHARE on the interface, but does not seem to be listed
>in the IBM internal directory).

An address that has worked for me is RONLANE at the YKTVMV node.
You could ask your local postmaster how to reach this via Internet.
--
Alasdair Grant, Cambridge University, England

Thu, 21 Aug 1997 01:14:11 GMT

1. US - SE FL-***SMALLTALK/C++PROGRAMMER (DB2,MVS/TSO,AIX,TCP/IP)***-CONTRACT

2. Help - Trying to write exec on MVS to use TCP/IP sockets

3. CLIENT (Windows 3.1 or 95 or NT) to MVS-CICS via TCP/IP or other gateway

4. US - FL - S.E. ****SMALLTALK/C++ (COBOL,DB2,MVS/TSO,TCP/IP)***CONTRACT

5. US - FL - S.E. ****SMALLTALK/C++ PROGRAMMERS NEEDED NOW (MVS/TSO,COBOL,TCP/IP)****CONTRACT

6. Interface Woes...Emulator/TCP/IP or GDDM?

7. Smalltalk Class Library for TCP/IP Interface (ObjectSpace)

8. Interfacing Smalltalk with TCP/IP under MS-Windows, FAQ

9. TCP/IP socket interface

10. TCP/IP Interface

11. REXX TCP/IP Socket Interface For Netview

12. PPP or TCP/IP driver interfaces?