Get Jes RC from inside a Job
Author Message
 Get Jes RC from inside a Job

Hallo to everybody!

I need to intercept the Jes Return-Code from a step in a Job; my aim
is to log the RC for particular jobs.

Moreover, I should send a 'Purge' (Jes Command $PURGE xxx) of the job
itself if the return-code is less than a limit, so I need to get JOBID
too.

I'm a quite good asm programmer, but not so expert in JES
control-blocks.

Could anybody help me?

TIA

Sergio Sardo - Italy
< Sergio Sardo - Migra s.r.l. - Italy >

Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Get Jes RC from inside a Job

Quote:
>I need to intercept the Jes Return-Code from a step in a Job; my aim is
>to log the RC for particular jobs.

I'm not sure what you want to do here, there no such thing as a "Jes rc".
You want to retrieve the step return-code from a program running inside
the same job? from an SMF exit? a sub-system?

Quote:
>Moreover, I should send a 'Purge' (Jes Command $PURGE xxx) of the job
>itself if the return-code is less than a limit, so I need to get JOBID
>too.

Go to my Web page and download file183.pds.  In it, you'll find three
programs that should inspire you: CANMSGCL, CMDJ and JOBRLSE.

 Gilbert Saint-flour
 http://members.home.net/gsf/

Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Get Jes RC from inside a Job
Well, I found this site, and sent a message to Sergio suggesting that he
contact George (we also have modules to get the RC and purge the job ...)

Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Get Jes RC from inside a Job
Hello Sergio - and happy new year!
Why don't you phone George? We have modules to get the RC and purge the job!

Best wishes,
Brian
P.S. Hope to see you again in Paris someday

Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Get Jes RC from inside a Job

Quote:
> I need to intercept the Jes Return-Code from a step in a Job; my aim
> is to log the RC for particular jobs.

Isn't that normally put in r15 prior to termination?

If so, I suppose you could step back thru the save areas and maybe find it.

An easier way is to use cond= exec statements with your log program.  Pass a
parm to your log program that will cause the log program to log what you
want.

Ex.  // exec pgm=logger,parm=00pgmxx,cond=(0,ne)

A better way is to call your logger program from each program executing.
This means recompiling each of those programs, but is ultimately cleaner.

And be sure to use dynamic allocation for the files you write to.

If you ask nice, maybe I'll dig out some source for you.

Wed, 03 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. getting fields NOT comma delimited with commas inside

2. Getting Files inside a directory

3. getting a reference to a class inside its definition

4. Getting the HWND inside the TCL plugin

5. VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS

6. JOB ADA JOB ADA JOB ADA JOB ADA

7. UNIX to MVS JES via FTP

8. Determining JES Class for executing program

9. JES 2 EOJ

10. reading JES held output queue

11. Jes numbers

12. MVS-JES command output