decompiler
Author Message
 decompiler

Quote:

>Does anyone have any decompilers for ASM.

We use an online debugging product to disassemble small pieces of
vendor code for diagnostic purposes. If you are after something that
will produce assemble-able source code from a load module, I'd love to
find one too.

Kevin Stewart
TD Bank IMS Technical Support
I don't speak for TD, and they don't speak for me...

Mon, 27 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 decompiler

Quote:

> Does anyone have any decompilers for ASM.

This may be alot less than what you are looking for, but have you considered
debug?  It's cheap since it comes with DOS.  You can load  a file from a disk
if you know where (i.e. what sector) it is on the disk (clearly defragging
the disk first would make this easier) with the following command:
After that just type
        U <mem addr>
to unassemble.

Like I said it may be too cumbersome if you need to do this regularly, but
if it's only once and while then it's sure the cheap route.

Matt

Mon, 27 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 decompiler

Quote:

> Does anyone have any decompilers for ASM.

Under VM/ESA, the display command will show the assembler code.
Unfortunately, it doesn't show the comments worth beans.  Other
disassemblers are also available.

Bob

Mon, 27 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 decompiler
I believe that there was such a beastie on the SHARE tape.  You might
cruise around on http://www.nascom.com and see if they've got a copy.

If you don't see it, post a message in their discussion group (from
their web site), and see what references they give.  The NASPA
membership is quite knowledgeable (shameless plug, speaking as a NASPA
member myself...).

Quote:
>Does anyone have any decompilers for ASM.

-Mike.

Michael R. Mayne

Telephone: (423) 870-1397
My opinions are my own.

Tue, 28 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 decompiler

Quote:

>Does anyone have any decompilers for ASM.

If you are talking about decompiling 370 assembler (one post wasnt),
there is a public domain disassembler. It used to be on the old CBT
tape (now managed by NASPA). They have an FTP site, but Ive never
managed to get connected to it.

HOWEVER, I have this file on our support BBS (417-888-5100), so if you
like you can dial us up and get it out of the file area "UTILITY". Its
not our code, its free and we obviously cant support it, but if you
want to bang on it, thats where it is.

Good luck.

--
Mark Riffey
Director of Research and Development and other stuff

Tue, 28 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 decompiler
The PDSTOOLS program from Serena has a disassembler that works
pretty well.  Lots of other neat features in that product as
well.

--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer, Innovation Data Processing

Tue, 28 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 decompiler
A lot of people seem to have very old copies of the CBT tape.
My version is 393, and even that is 12 - 15 months old.
It does have the batch dis-assembler (in several forms) and it also
has the fabulous REASM dialog. This is a dis-assembler written in
PL/1 that runs under SPF. Unfortunately it is OCO, but there are tools
to help you create DSECT mapping modules - most common control blocks
are supplied.
Of course, if you are VSE, this won't help.

How about everyone else getting up-to-date copies of the CBT tape?
The best way is to make a contribution yourself - send it to Sam Golob
who writes the MVS column in "Technical Support", the NaSPA mag.
To purchase a copy, contact NaSPA.
There's a lot of great stuff on it.
--
David Cartwight

Wed, 29 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 decompiler
Dave Cartwright is right, REASM is great, a real disassembler for the 90's,
and I use it a lot.  It's not bug-free, though.

Sun, 02 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. decompiler

2. *where to find .mvb decompiler

3. QBasic Decompilers