Displaying Job Statistics
Author Message
 Displaying Job Statistics

    Does anyone have a program which generates a table of all the
active jobs in the system, including the following fields?

    1-3) Job, procedure and step names
      4) Accumulated VIO paging
      5) Accumulated other paging
      6) Current working set size
      7) Accumulated TCB time
      8) Accumulated SRB time

The SDSF option under ISPF and RMFMON command under TSO are not
completely satisfactory for this purpose.

     Many thanks in advance,

Shaul Wallach

Sat, 11 Jun 1994 23:00:16 GMT
 Displaying Job Statistics

    Does anyone have a program which generates a table of all the
active jobs in the system, including the following fields?

    1-3) Job, procedure and step names
      4) Accumulated VIO paging
      5) Accumulated other paging
      6) Current working set size
      7) Accumulated TCB time
      8) Accumulated SRB time

The SDSF option under ISPF and RMFMON command under TSO are not
completely satisfactory for this purpose.

     Many thanks in advance,

Shaul Wallach

Sat, 11 Jun 1994 23:02:42 GMT
 Displaying Job Statistics

|>     Does anyone have a program which generates a table of all the
|> active jobs in the system, including the following fields?
|>
|>     1-3) Job, procedure and step names
|>       4) Accumulated VIO paging
|>       5) Accumulated other paging
|>       6) Current working set size
|>       7) Accumulated TCB time
|>       8) Accumulated SRB time
|>
|> The SDSF option under ISPF and RMFMON command under TSO are not
|> completely satisfactory for this purpose.
|>
|>      Many thanks in advance,
|>
|> Shaul Wallach

How is it unsatisfactory? Some of the information you require can be obtained
directly from the ASCB...

ASCBJOBN = jobname, ASCBEJST = accumulated TCB time, ASCBSRBT = accumulated SRB,

there may be others too, but I don't have a MACLIB or AMODGEN handy to look at.
The accumulated time fields are stored in TOD clock format. You can convert to
microseconds with...            LM R2,R3,ascbfield
                                SRDL R2,12

You can look at these values for all address spaces by following the ASCB chains.
You don't have to be privileged to do it. However the other information (procedure
and step names, paging counts etc) are scattered throughout the address space and
will not be accessible unless you are running authorised (cross memory stuff).

In MVS/XA, total working set size was reported in ASCBFMCT, but under MVS/ESA this
field has been zeroed. There is a new field called ASCBRAX which points to the RSM
Address Space eXtent block. This puppy contains all the juicy working set data,
for both central and extended storage.  The mapping macro is in AMACLIB.

I can't be more specific without access to the macros. I recommend you browse
the mapping macros to figure out where everything is. Also, you should be careful
about depending on the values found here. They are only updated at task switch
time and of course, in an MP they can be updated by another cpu while you're looking
at them.

Good luck...

Chris.
--
"That's the problem with nature, something's always stinging you
 or oozing mucous all over you. Let's go and watch TV"  - Calvin

(408) 379-7000 x1163            1315 Dell Ave. Campbell CA 95008

Fri, 17 Jun 1994 05:15:04 GMT
 Displaying Job Statistics

Quote:
 (Shaul Wallach) writes:

> [...]

at them.

Good luck...

Chris.
--
"That's the problem with nature, something's always stinging you
 or oozing mucous all over you. Let's go and watch TV"  - Calvin

(408) 379-7000 x1163            1315 Dell Ave. Campbell CA 95008

Fri, 17 Jun 1994 05:15:04 GMT
 Displaying Job Statistics

    Does anyone have a program which generates a table of all the
active jobs in the system, including the following fields?

    1-3) Job, procedure and step names
      4) Accumulated VIO paging
      5) Accumulated other paging
      6) Current working set size
      7) Accumulated TCB time
      8) Accumulated SRB time

The SDSF option under ISPF and RMFMON command under TSO are not
completely satisfactory for this purpose.

Sun, 26 Jun 1994 06:15:50 GMT

1. Displaying Job Statistics

2. API Call for Print Job Statistics

3. VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS

4. JOB ADA JOB ADA JOB ADA JOB ADA

5. DISPLAY JOB IN PROCEEDING MESSAGE

6. "VisualAge-Immediate Contract-Mutiple-MD-VA",md.jobs,va.jobs,dc.jobs

7. PL1 JOBS PL/I Jobs PL/1 JOBS

8. PL/I Jobs PL/1 Jobs PL1 Jobs

9. Jobs Jobs Jobs (in Australia)

10. Not a *Jobs* *Jobs* *Jobs* spam

11. MAINFRAME PROGRAMMING JOBS JOBS JOBS !!!

12. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs, Work, Work, Work