370 assembler to PC transalator
Author Message
 370 assembler to PC transalator

This seems impossible but in any case ......

I have a friend who has a large investment in IBM 370 mainframe
basic assembler programs.  He is in the process of downsizing to
IBM PCs and compatibles, and would obviously like to convert as
much of the code as possible.

Are there any translator tools that will convert IBM 370
assembler to PC assembler (or another higher level language)?
If no translators are available, are there other tools or
utilities that will aid in the process?

Any insight is appreciated...

Sukumar

If there are enough responses I will post a summary to the net.

Tue, 12 Oct 1993 23:34:26 GMT
 370 assembler to PC transalator

Quote:

>This seems impossible but in any case ......

>I have a friend who has a large investment in IBM 370 mainframe
>basic assembler programs.  He is in the process of downsizing to
>IBM PCs and compatibles, and would obviously like to convert as
>much of the code as possible.

>Are there any translator tools that will convert IBM 370
>assembler to PC assembler (or another higher level language)?
>If no translators are available, are there other tools or
>utilities that will aid in the process?

There is a utility called pc370, which will allow you to compile
and run 370 assembler on a pc.  It is available from
msdos.archive.umich.edu in archive/msdos/un_indexed/pc370.arc

I looked at it once 2 years ago, but I do know several people who
found helpful when they were learning assembler.  It allowed them
to check their programs before uploading them onto the mainframe.

Any questions about the msdos archives at U of M, should be sent

get regularly that I can answer right now are:

1) What is your IP number?
   141.211.168.70   But DON'T rely on it.  Our archives have been
                    in a state of transition for the last few
                    months.  We've moved several times and plan
                    to move again (the only question is when and
                    to where).  For purposes of ftp, use the
                    name for reliability.

2) Do you have a mailserver,or could you mail me the program?
   No.  When we find a final resting place, we will set up a
        mail server.  And we (there are only two of us) do not
        have the time to hand mail programs.  Our primary jobs
        sort of get in the way.

--Allan

Wed, 13 Oct 1993 02:35:09 GMT
 370 assembler to PC transalator
This seems impossible but in any case ......

I have a friend who has a large investment in IBM 370 mainframe
basic assembler programs.  He is in the process of downsizing to
IBM PCs and compatibles, and would obviously like to convert as
much of the code as possible.

Are there any translator tools that will convert IBM 370
assembler to PC assembler (or another higher level language)?
If no translators are available, are there other tools or
utilities that will aid in the process?

Any insight is appreciated...

Sukumar

If there are enough responses I will post a summary to the net.

Tue, 12 Oct 1993 23:34:26 GMT
 370 assembler to PC transalator

Quote:

>This seems impossible but in any case ......

>I have a friend who has a large investment in IBM 370 mainframe
>basic assembler programs.  He is in the process of downsizing to
>IBM PCs and compatibles, and would obviously like to convert as
>much of the code as possible.

>Are there any translator tools that will convert IBM 370
>assembler to PC assembler (or another higher level language)?
>If no translators are available, are there other tools or
>utilities that will aid in the process?

There is a utility called pc370, which will allow you to compile
and run 370 assembler on a pc.  It is available from
msdos.archive.umich.edu in archive/msdos/un_indexed/pc370.arc

I looked at it once 2 years ago, but I do know several people who
found helpful when they were learning assembler.  It allowed them
to check their programs before uploading them onto the mainframe.

Any questions about the msdos archives at U of M, should be sent

get regularly that I can answer right now are:

1) What is your IP number?
   141.211.168.70   But DON'T rely on it.  Our archives have been
                    in a state of transition for the last few
                    months.  We've moved several times and plan
                    to move again (the only question is when and
                    to where).  For purposes of ftp, use the
                    name for reliability.

2) Do you have a mailserver,or could you mail me the program?
   No.  When we find a final resting place, we will set up a
        mail server.  And we (there are only two of us) do not
        have the time to hand mail programs.  Our primary jobs
        sort of get in the way.

--Allan

Wed, 13 Oct 1993 02:35:09 GMT

1. 370 Assembler to run on pc

2. 370 Assembler Imulation for the PC?

3. 370/390 ASSEMBLER Compiler/linkage for PC Platform

4. PC/370 Cross Assembler

5. PC 370 Cross Assembler

6. PC-based S/370 assembler simulation

7. Run 370 Assembler on PC's

8. Q: Free 370 Assembler?

9. Shareware 370 environment and assembler under Linux?

10. Assembler 370 compiler.....Windows/DOS

11. Source for 370 assembler?

12. Writing Windows programs in 370 Assembler