PLO instruction
Author Message
 PLO instruction

On what processors is this instruction available? It is extremely
powerful but useless for developers who have to write code that is
processor independent. THNX. Pierre.

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 PLO instruction
See http://www.s390.ibm.com:80/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/IEA1D406/29%...

This control block is pointed to by the CVT.

-- Steve Myers

Quote:
>On what processors is this instruction available? It is extremely
>powerful but useless for developers who have to write code that is
>processor independent. THNX. Pierre.

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 PLO instruction
When my program initializes, it checks the SCCB to see whether PLO is
installed. If installed, then it initializes a vector of function
pointers to routines that use the PLO instruction. Otherwise, it
initializes the function vector to point to other functions (with the
same API) that use the GRS Latch Manager. Thus, mainline code is
unaffected by whether PLO is available. Simple.

Quote:
> See http://www.s390.ibm.com:80/bookmgr-

cgi/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/IEA1D406/29%2e0?SHELF=IEA1BK0A

Quote:

--
... and this time, I mean it!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. PLO instruction

2. PLO instruction lock tokens

3. PLO Perform Locked Operation

4. PLO-processor

5. Instruction Speed and instruction availability

6. Priviledged instruction

7. MVCLE and CLCLE Instructions.

8. Help with an instruction

9. Instruction timings

10. Floating point instructions

11. Instructions for testing the COM Random Stream Sample

12. Availability of "N3" instructions