OT - Programmer sought
Author Message
 OT - Programmer sought

This is not a search for someone with IBM mainframe skills; however, a
good friend of mine who works for an investment banking firm in
Manhattan is looking for a programmer with UNIX/NT skills, preferably
with quant, to work for the fixed-income desk. I didn't ask about the
salary; but I do know the pay scale is high and you'll work for it. I'm
posting here thinking that if none of the regulars who posts here is
interested, you might know someone who is and personal references are
the best ones.

Please contact:

Bill {*filter*}

Thu, 24 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 OT - Programmer sought

Quote:
>This is not a search for someone with IBM mainframe skills; however, a

When posting to comp.lang.cobol please include a rate, or range of rates,
associated with the position(s) offered; doing otherwise leads many to
conclude that you are either trolling for resumes or running a blind ad to
determine rates.

DD

Sat, 26 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 OT - Programmer sought

Quote:

> >This is not a search for someone with IBM mainframe skills; however, a

> When posting to comp.lang.cobol please include a rate, or range of rates,
> associated with the position(s) offered; doing otherwise leads many to
> conclude that you are either trolling for resumes or running a blind ad to
> determine rates.

> DD

It this a bad joke? If not, please feel free to blow it out your *ss.

Bill {*filter*}

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 OT - Programmer sought

Quote:

>> >This is not a search for someone with IBM mainframe skills; however, a

>> When posting to comp.lang.cobol please include a rate, or range of rates,
>> associated with the position(s) offered; doing otherwise leads many to
>> conclude that you are either trolling for resumes or running a blind ad to
>> determine rates.

>> DD

>It this a bad joke?

It is up to you to decide if you've ever seen me post a 'good' one.

Quote:
>If not, please feel free to blow it out your *ss.

Should I decide that this is an appropriate course of action please rest
assured that I will give your having granted mepermission for such
activities all the heed it deserves.

Post a job offering, post a rate... that simple.

DD

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 OT - Programmer sought
Hey Bill, check the userid of the post: "docdwarf" . 'Nuf said?
(I trimmed the response to just the asm370 newsgroup, didn't go to
cobol)
Quote:

> > >This is not a search for someone with IBM mainframe skills; however, a

> > When posting to comp.lang.cobol please include a rate, or range of rates,
> > associated with the position(s) offered; doing otherwise leads many to
> > conclude that you are either trolling for resumes or running a blind ad to
> > determine rates.

> > DD

> It this a bad joke? If not, please feel free to blow it out your *ss.

> Bill {*filter*}

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 OT - Programmer sought

illuminated comp.lang.cobol thusly:

Quote:

>> >This is not a search for someone with IBM mainframe skills; however, a

>> When posting to comp.lang.cobol please include a rate, or range of rates,
>> associated with the position(s) offered; doing otherwise leads many to
>> conclude that you are either trolling for resumes or running a blind ad to
>> determine rates.
>It this a bad joke? If not, please feel free to blow it out your *ss.

Of course you knew the rules, and you knew that DD would reply, so yes,
Bill, we have determined that your job posting was a joke.

--
R B |\  Randall Bart

n r |\  1-310-542-6013      Please reply without spam       I Love You
d t ||\ Greatest Unisys A Series Programmer Available is Now Available
a    |/                 http://members.aol.com/PanicYr00/RBResume.html
l    |\ The Year 2000 Bugs:           http://members.aol.com/PanicYr00
l    |/ MS^7=6/28/107   http://members.aol.com/PanicYr00/Sequence.html

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. OT - Programmer sought

2. OT--Opinions Sought: PROGRESS 4GL Language Question

3. OT - Programmer war stories

4. OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog

5. OT: If Builders were Programmers...

6. OT Programmer's stress/burnout.

7. OT Programmer's stress/burnout.

8. OT: to "The Programmer"

9. OT - Programmer war stories

10. OT: Programmers whos first language is not English

11. OT: PSP, XP, TDD and other methodologies for solitary programmers