Shareware 370 environment and assembler under Linux?
Author Message
 Shareware 370 environment and assembler under Linux?

Hi!

Does anyone know if there is a shareware 370 environment
and assembler that will run under Linux on a PC?  This would be
for educational purposes at a local school, to expose the students
to 370 assembler.

Thanks,

Judy

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:48:08 GMT
 Shareware 370 environment and assembler under Linux?
There is an assembler that runs under ms-dos (called PC/370, not to be
confused with the IBM pc environment of the same name). If linux can
mimic the ms-dos environment then that would be suitable. It comes free
with a book called 'Mainframe Assembler Programming' by Bill Qualls.
Published by Wiley Computer Publishing.

Quote:

--
Alistair Maclean

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:21:32 GMT
 Shareware 370 environment and assembler under Linux?

Quote:

> Hi!

> Does anyone know if there is a shareware 370 environment
> and assembler that will run under Linux on a PC?  This would be
> for educational purposes at a local school, to expose the students
> to 370 assembler.

> Thanks,

> Judy

I hope you have a fast internet connection ... check out ...

http://www.kiyoinc.com/herc390.html

Steve

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:42:43 GMT
 Shareware 370 environment and assembler under Linux?
May I suggest the MVS Tur(n)key CD?  It is a fully functional MVS 3.8
System, with IFOX00 assembler, all the MACLIBS you would ever need.
What more would you want to have?  And it is nearly free.  AFAIK, you
need to pay USD 5.00.

Take a look at http://www.cbttape.org

On Fri, 3 May 2002 21:48:08 -0400, "Judy Anderson"

Quote:

>Hi!

>Does anyone know if there is a shareware 370 environment
>and assembler that will run under Linux on a PC?  This would be
>for educational purposes at a local school, to expose the students
>to 370 assembler.

>Thanks,

>Judy

     With kind Regards            |\      _,,,---,,_
                            ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,
     Volker Bandke               |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
      (BSP GmbH)                '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)

      How doth the little crocodile Improve his shining tail, And pour the waters of the Nile On every golden scale! How cheerfully he seems to grin, How neatly spreads his claws, And welcomes little fishes in, With gently smiling jaws!

        (Another Wisdom from my fortune cookie jar)

   http://www.newsfeeds.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Ulimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =-----

Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:44:53 GMT
 Shareware 370 environment and assembler under Linux?
You might like to look at my site.  There you will find an assembler
that allows you to develop and run 370 assembler programs on a PC.

You'll also need TASM and Borland C 5.02, or MASM and Visual C.

The URL is
         http://www.ozemail.com.au/~oscarptyltd

Cheers,

Clem Clarke

Quote:

--

  ,-._|\  Clement V. Clarke - Author Jol, EASYJCL, EASYPANEL, OSCAR,
370TO486

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~oscarptyltd
 \_,--.x/ P.O. Box 628, Toorak, Victoria, AUSTRALIA, 3142.
       v  Tel (61)-3-9815-2311, A/H (61)-3-9819-2848.

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:13:54 GMT
 Shareware 370 environment and assembler under Linux?
Hercules will give you the real thing, but its quite complex if all
you want to do is assemble, link, and execute a small basic 390
assembler program for students.  As mentioned below, you can still run
PC/370 under MS-DOS on any PC
which allows you to run 390 assembler programs with 3 simple commands:

1.  A370 MYPGM.ALC - compile to object code - MYPGM.OBJ plus MYPGM.PRN
2.  L370 MYPGM.OBJ - link to executable form - MYPGM.COM plus
MYPGM.LST
3.  MYPGM - execute the program

You can find several book that include CD with PC/370 and examples or
you
can download it from several sources listed on this web page:

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/dhiggin1/pc370.htm

This is a 12+ year old teaching tool with the following limitations:

1.  No macros but there are SVC's defined to perform WTO and common
functions.
2.  Problem state instructions only but does include packed and
floating ins.
3.  Limit of 640K program (remember that!)

1.  It has source demos such as prime number generator, file I/O demo.
2.  It is very fast as it was written in PC assembler for speed.

Quote:

> There is an assembler that runs under ms-dos (called PC/370, not to be
> confused with the IBM pc environment of the same name). If linux can
> mimic the ms-dos environment then that would be suitable. It comes free
> with a book called 'Mainframe Assembler Programming' by Bill Qualls.
> Published by Wiley Computer Publishing.

> >Hi!

> >Does anyone know if there is a shareware 370 environment
> >and assembler that will run under Linux on a PC?  This would be
> >for educational purposes at a local school, to expose the students
> >to 370 assembler.

> >Thanks,

> >Judy

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:32:52 GMT
 Shareware 370 environment and assembler under Linux?
One correction to the attached. PC/370 does allow macros. My concern was
that I do not know whether Linux allows MS-DOS emulation. If it does,
then reason number one to be cheerful.

Quote:

--
Alistair Maclean

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:29:35 GMT

1. Shareware/low cost 370 BAL

2. PL/I in the LE/370 Environment

3. PL/I in the LE/370 Environment

4. PL/I in the LE/370 Environment

5. Q: Free 370 Assembler?

6. Assembler 370 compiler.....Windows/DOS

7. Source for 370 assembler?

8. Writing Windows programs in 370 Assembler

9. 370 Assembler to run on pc

10. Running 370 Assembler on Intel Machines

11. FA: Assembler Language Programming for the IBM 370

12. Palm Pilot app for Assembler 370/390 programemrs