Assembler H manual via book reader? 
Author Message
 Assembler H manual via book reader?

I've tried to find a copy of the Assembler H language manual via IBM's
os390 web site book reader.  Either I've missed it, or it isn't there,
though Assembler H is referenced in many of the books that are there.
Does anyone know if it's available for the book reader?

Regards,



Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Assembler H manual via book reader?
I don't know if there was an Bookmanager form of the ASMH docs.  I suspect
not.  If I remember, I'll check Monday on some of my really ancient CDs.
As a workaround, use the HLASM manuals, which are readily avialble online.

Quote:

>I've tried to find a copy of the Assembler H language manual via IBM's
>os390 web site book reader.  Either I've missed it, or it isn't there,
>though Assembler H is referenced in many of the books that are there.
>Does anyone know if it's available for the book reader?

>Regards,


-- Steve Myers

The E-mail addresses in this message are private property.  Any use of them
to  send  unsolicited  E-mail  messages  of  a  commerical  nature  will be
considered trespassing,  and the originator of the message will be  sued in
small claims court in Camden County,  New Jersey,  for the  maximum penalty
allowed by law.



Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Assembler H manual via book reader?

Quote:


>> I don't know if there was an Bookmanager form of the ASMH docs.  I suspect
>> not.  If I remember, I'll check Monday on some of my really ancient CDs.
>> As a workaround, use the HLASM manuals, which are readily avialble online.

> ASMH is in BKMGR (at least the version where I toil).

> Bill {*filter*}

Thanks for the comment, but after an extensive search of the web site,
I don't believe it's there.  OK, so supupose I try using HLASM
manuals as a work around.  Please note that I have only web-site access.
Here's what happens at several spots in both the language and
programmer manual when I try to get a print preview or otherwise read
the manuals.  I'll show the first of several errors I get in trying
to read/print preview the HLASM language reference manual:

    ESD

    Produces the External Symbol Dictionary section.

[Note: Above text is the last readable text in section 2.0 on Reading
 the Assembler Listing.  Now we get the error:]

    588 *-* bookReader "'"bookFile" "picCacheGDF" "NOTES" "SHELF"'"
           topic /*
    cPQ09408 */ +++ RC(139) +++
     Message
    An unexpected error has been reported within the BookServer
    software:
        Version: PQ09408
        Last return code: 139
        Location: Line: 588 of /bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd
        Condition: signal on error
        Description: bookReader "bookFile

I'm accessing the book manager with I.E. 4.0.

I realize this is off-topic for this group, except that in response
to several different inquiries here various of you have recommended
the web site as a way of getting documentation.  I've now checked out
a number of the manuals there; this problem seems to infect most but
not all of them.  Is this a known problem with the web site?
Is there a workaround?

Regards,



Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Assembler H manual via book reader?

Quote:

> I don't know if there was an Bookmanager form of the ASMH docs.  I suspect
> not.  If I remember, I'll check Monday on some of my really ancient CDs.
> As a workaround, use the HLASM manuals, which are readily avialble online.

ASMH is in BKMGR (at least the version where I toil).

Bill {*filter*}



Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Assembler H manual via book reader?
I've encountered this before, and normally when I cut/paste the error
message and send it to the "Webmaster" it gets fixed quickly, and I get a
note that says something like "IzzitOK Now?"

Quote:


writes:

>>> I don't know if there was an Bookmanager form of the ASMH docs.  I
suspect
>>> not.  If I remember, I'll check Monday on some of my really ancient CDs.
>>> As a workaround, use the HLASM manuals, which are readily avialble
online.

>> ASMH is in BKMGR (at least the version where I toil).

>> Bill {*filter*}

>Thanks for the comment, but after an extensive search of the web site,
>I don't believe it's there.  OK, so supupose I try using HLASM
>manuals as a work around.  Please note that I have only web-site access.
>Here's what happens at several spots in both the language and
>programmer manual when I try to get a print preview or otherwise read
>the manuals.  I'll show the first of several errors I get in trying
>to read/print preview the HLASM language reference manual:

>    ESD

>    Produces the External Symbol Dictionary section.

>[Note: Above text is the last readable text in section 2.0 on Reading
> the Assembler Listing.  Now we get the error:]

>    588 *-* bookReader "'"bookFile" "picCacheGDF" "NOTES" "SHELF"'"
>           topic /*
>    cPQ09408 */ +++ RC(139) +++
>     Message
>    An unexpected error has been reported within the BookServer
>    software:
>        Version: PQ09408
>        Last return code: 139
>        Location: Line: 588 of /bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd
>        Condition: signal on error
>        Description: bookReader "bookFile

>I'm accessing the book manager with I.E. 4.0.

>I realize this is off-topic for this group, except that in response
>to several different inquiries here various of you have recommended
>the web site as a way of getting documentation.  I've now checked out
>a number of the manuals there; this problem seems to infect most but
>not all of them.  Is this a known problem with the web site?
>Is there a workaround?

>Regards,




Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Assembler H manual via book reader?
Speaking as a Webmaster for an internal web site, and also for roughly the
same set of manuals on the the mainframe using Bookie Reader, I quite agree
with Mr. Melcher.

Getting the xxx manuals from the CD-ROM to a mainframe through a PC is
error prone, to say the least.  I think there are serious problems with
IBM's FTP on the mainframe.  I think I have also encountered problems
doing CD-ROM I/O overlapped with LAN traffic on a PC.  But you can never
prove anything.  Most of the time doing the copy over again fixes the
problem.  I will say that doing the upload to the mainframe from my
Bookserver system from the Bookserver hard drive after I have copied the
manuals to hard drive seems to have reduced, though by no means
elmininated, upload problems.  For a while, I used a second mainframe
IP stack from a different vendor, and that both sped up the I/O, as well
as reduced errors.  IBM's FTP seems to be working better, now, after
massive maintenance was applied to the IBM IP stack.

I have never seen the messages Mr. Mayhew showed on my Web site, run by
the OS/2 version of Bookserver.  Somehow, they have the flavor of messages
from the mainframe version of BookServer, but I will not bet the mortgage
on that.  They do strongly suggest a file problem from a bad upload.

[snip]

Quote:

>Regards,


-- Steve Myers

The E-mail addresses in this message are private property.  Any use of them
to  send  unsolicited  E-mail  messages  of  a  commerical  nature  will be
considered trespassing,  and the originator of the message will be  sued in
small claims court in Camden County,  New Jersey,  for the  maximum penalty
allowed by law.



Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Assembler H manual via book reader?

Quote:
> I've tried to find a copy of the Assembler H language manual via IBM's
> os390 web site book reader.  Either I've missed it, or it isn't there,
> though Assembler H is referenced in many of the books that are there.
> Does anyone know if it's available for the book reader?

> Regards,


Yes, it is (was?) available in BM format, I have a copy on my PC. It
is dated 1993 and I renamed it to to a Windows95 long file name so I
don't remenber what it was originally called.
It's one of my "old but still useful" manuals.

--
Robert Ngan
CSC Financial Services Group



Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Assembler H manual via book reader?
It turned out I had it at home all the time, from the 12/94 MVS
Collection kit, and presumably others.  Just the Language Reference book,
though.

The manual is GC26-4037-01.

IBM's Pub Catalog indicates it is not available in paper, but it is in
a collection kit.  I found it in collection kit SK2T-0710.  The manual
entry indicates SK2T-0730, which turns out to be the Transaction Processing
books.  SK2T-0710 is still being updated, if you have a cool, and very
round, $100 + the usual S & H.

I haven't gotten SK2T-0710 for a couple of years, now, so I can't say
if it's still there.


Quote:

>> I've tried to find a copy of the Assembler H language manual via IBM's
>> os390 web site book reader.  Either I've missed it, or it isn't there,
>> though Assembler H is referenced in many of the books that are there.
>> Does anyone know if it's available for the book reader?

>> Regards,

>Yes, it is (was?) available in BM format, I have a copy on my PC. It
>is dated 1993 and I renamed it to to a Windows95 long file name so I
>don't remenber what it was originally called.
>It's one of my "old but still useful" manuals.

>--
>Robert Ngan
>CSC Financial Services Group

-- Steve Myers

The E-mail addresses in this message are private property.  Any use of them
to  send  unsolicited  E-mail  messages  of  a  commerical  nature  will be
considered trespassing,  and the originator of the message will be  sued in
small claims court in Camden County,  New Jersey,  for the  maximum penalty
allowed by law.



Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Assembler H manual via book reader?

Quote:

> It turned out I had it at home all the time, from the 12/94 MVS
> Collection kit, and presumably others.  Just the Language Reference book,
> though.

> The manual is GC26-4037-01.

> IBM's Pub Catalog indicates it is not available in paper, but it is in
> a collection kit.  I found it in collection kit SK2T-0710.  The manual
> entry indicates SK2T-0730, which turns out to be the Transaction Processing
> books.  SK2T-0710 is still being updated, if you have a cool, and very
> round, $100 + the usual S & H.

> I haven't gotten SK2T-0710 for a couple of years, now, so I can't say
> if it's still there.

Thank you for the additional info.

Regards,



Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Customized reader methods via AMOP?

2. BOOK WANTED: Abel Assembler Book

3. A good book assembler book, anyone?

4. SA22-7201-5 manual (S/390 POPs) available via Web

5. Dylan Interim Manual available via WWW

6. Assembler manuals.

7. i need assembler's manuals

8. WTB: Reference manual for Turbo Assembler 3.0

9. Finding the JES2 PROC Name via an assembler program

10. Request: CD-ROM via Assembler-level code

11. Request: CD-ROM via Assembler-level code

12. C and Assembler: sending parameter's via registers

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software