Programming tricks,etc
Author Message
 Programming tricks,etc

My former boss, an MVS assembler programmer since 1971, said that he
once saw a book of assembler programming techniques and tricks. He lost
his copy and would like to get another. I also would like a copy. Does
anybody know of it? It dates from the 1970s.

On a related topic, why don't we put together our own ( or others
programming techniques/tricks ) giving credit where it's due. I've got a
few. Does anybody like this?

Thu, 21 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Programming tricks,etc
: My former boss, an MVS assembler programmer since 1971, said that he
: once saw a book of assembler programming techniques and tricks. He lost
: his copy and would like to get another. I also would like a copy. Does
: anybody know of it? It dates from the 1970s.

I think the book(s) you're speaking of is
 The Systems Programmer's Problem Solver
 by William S. Mosteller
 ---there was a first edition and a "Second Edition"
 published by QED Informations Sciences, Inc.  -- now defunct.

Contains lots of "Tips and Tricks".

No , you can't buy mine...

I knew Bill from back in the ol' days when were both active in
Share -- and in the old HASP User Group.

Yup, I have several of the ol' HASP Song Books, too.
No , you can't buy mine...

Happy New Year,
Jonesy
MainFrame since 1966

Marvin L. Jones  jonz<AT>rmi.net
Gunnison, Colorado
362 days to go until the Year 2000

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Graphing program, parm program, etc.

2. Looking for programming articles, tips and tricks.

3. Clever programming Tricks

4. Clever programming tricks wanted

5. Programming BIOS Flash Roms -- Neat trick!

6. .NET Programming or Teaching an Old Dinosaur New Tricks

7. Looking for programming articles, tips and tricks.

8. Big APL programs, etc

9. Custom programming, Web site development, etc.

10. Program hanging, etc

11. Custom programming, Web site development, etc.

12. Custom programming, Web site development, etc.