TPUT macro - help!
Author Message
 TPUT macro - help!

Hi all,

I've got a little routine that displays a message on my screen, and also
sends that message to another terminal, via a userid. I'm using the TPUT
macro to do this.

However, if the other terminal is not receiving messages, or is logged
off, the messages just get deleted. Is a way of specifying the
equivalent of the "LOGON" option of the "SEND" command on the TPUT macro
? Or am I barking up the wrong tree ?

Many thanks!

--
Andy Styles.

 My opinions are exclusively my own. No-one else wants them. (<sniff>)

Mon, 13 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TPUT macro - help!

Quote:

>I've got a little routine that displays a message on my screen, and also
>sends that message to another terminal, via a userid. I'm using the TPUT
>macro to do this.

>However, if the other terminal is not receiving messages, or is logged
>off, the messages just get deleted. Is a way of specifying the
>equivalent of the "LOGON" option of the "SEND" command on the TPUT macro
>? Or am I barking up the wrong tree ?

Yup - wrong tree.  TPUT doesn't deal with saving messages - it's just
a front end to VTAM, in effect.  You have to issue either the TSO SEND
command, or the console SEND command, in either case with the LOGON or
SAVE keywords.  You have to be suitably authorized to use the console
SEND, so the first one is the better bet.  SEND issues the TPUT - then
when it fails, SEND copies the message into SYS1.BRODCAST for later
retrieval by your user.

Of course if you're a real {*filter*} you could add the message
directly to SYS1.BRODCAST...  (Just kidding - don't try this at home,
don't sue me, etc.)

Tony Harminc

Sun, 19 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with macros writing macros in Bigloo

2. help sought for macro defining macro

3. A macro involving two sub-macros - where the 2nd macro needs results from the first

4. OUTTRAPping the TPUT output in REXX

5. OUTTRAPping the TPUT output in REXX

6. OUTTRAPping the TPUT output in REXX -Reply

7. macro -vs- macro/codeblock

8. syntax-rules macros with sub-macros

9. Scheme macro source: rewriter-widget, a widely applicable macro interface

10. Macros defining macros with define-syntax

11. symbol-macros and regular macros

12. Question about a macro-defining macro