TIME / Y2K
Author Message
 TIME / Y2K

Hi,
Does someone know if the TIME instruction is Y2K compatible?

Thank you !

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 TIME / Y2K

Quote:
>Does someone know if the TIME instruction is Y2K compatible?

The TIME macro was made "y2k-compatible" (IIRC, it was MVS/XA 2.2 back in
1987) in a way that does not break existing programs.  In MVS/ESA 4.2.2,
the possibility has been added to obtain 8-digit gregorian dates also.
This has been discussed numerous times on this and other discussion groups
- check the archives or deja-news for details.

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 TIME / Y2K

Quote:
>Hi,
>Does someone know if the TIME instruction is Y2K compatible?

>Thank you !

The OS/390 TIME _macro_ is Y2K compliant in both LINKAGE=SYSTEM and LINKAGE=SVC
since MVS 5. something.  You should be more concerned with the level
of OS/390.

In the case of the old standby 00YYDDDS value, dates starting 2000/01/01
will be 01YYDDDS, so if you want the real year you will have to do a
AP xxx,=P'1900000'.

Best regards,
Ray

--
M. Ray Mullins (http://www.lerctr.org/~mrm/) Roseville, California ICQ# 28901695
California Transit Publications - your one stop shop for transit marketing,

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 TIME / Y2K
Frederic,

    I believe you mean the MVS TIME MACRO, which can be invoked two
different ways, LINKAGE=SVC and LINKAGE=SYSTEM, for either Local-Time (LT)
or GMT.

    LINKAGE=SVC will return a Julian-Date as a Packed-Decimal value in R1,
with a format of X'0CYYDDDF'. To make it Y2K compliant, move the contents of
R1 into a PL4 and add P'1900000'. Your result will be either a X'19' or '20'
in the high-order byte. As of 01/01/2000, the high-order byte of R1 will
contain a X'01. Prior to the millenium turnover, it will contain X'00'. This
is why the addition of 1900000 will always work properly. By the way, the
Current-Time is returned in R0 as a 4-Byte Packed-Unsigned (BCD) value, with
a format of X'HHMMSSTH'.

    LINKAGE=SYSTEM can return the date in four (4) different formats, as a
4-Byte Packed-Unsigned (BCD)value. The formats are X'CCYYMMDD', X'MMDDCCYY',
X'DDMMCCYY' and X'0CCYYDDD'. The Current-Time is returned as an 8-Byte
Packed-Unsigned (BCD) value, with a format of X'HHMMSSTHMIJU0000', with the
'MIJU' representing Milliseconds, Ten-Thousandths, Hundred-Thousandths and
Microseconds, respectively.

    You don't have to add any value to any of the dates returned using
LINKAGE=SYSTEM to arrive at a valid century, because it's included.

    HTH....

Cheers,

WOB,
Atlanta

Quote:

>Hi,
>Does someone know if the TIME instruction is Y2K compatible?

>Thank you !

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 TIME / Y2K

Are you involved, by any chance, in a year 2000 assembler projet ?
TIME macro is y2k-compliant, but after having invoked it, there are
thousand ways to have non y2k-compliant code...

Ne me dites pas que vous travaillez sur un projet an 2000 !
On est a J-331, pour info. Faites vite !

------

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 TIME / Y2K
: Hi,
: Does someone know if the TIME instruction is Y2K compatible?

Just arrived on the Jovian shuttle, did we?

Jonesy

--
Marvin L. Jones
Gunnison, Colorado

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Available for Part Time Y2K

2. DC Y2K Weather Report (ALC 9, power, Time Machines, How Bad)

3. For a Really Good Time, Check Out This Y2K Solution

4. BIOS date/time functions and y2k...

5. For a Really Good Time, Check Out This Y2K Solution

6. Y2K Weather Report # 8 - A Y2K spring.

7. Y2K Weather Report # 8 - A Y2K spring.

8. COBOL's HIGH-VALUE and Y2K problems (was Re: Engines to Die for Y2K

9. Y2K Weather Report # 8 - A Y2K spring.

10. Bug in time.c (was Time.times problems)

11. time and scheduling (was: bug report: [ #447945 ] time.time() is not non-decreasing)

12. time zones, daylight saving time, and universal time