IBM Mainframe - COBOL,IMS/DB/DC,CICS,DB2 immediate openings
Author Message
 IBM Mainframe - COBOL,IMS/DB/DC,CICS,DB2 immediate openings

Payback is a {*filter*}...don't you love it.

Quote:

>>We have a Fortune 500 client with a huge conversion/migration effort that
>>will start now and go for next 3-4 years.

>>Positions may be contract, temp-to-perm  ...

>>1 years + COBOL, IMS DB/DC Experience (any length of experience is ok)
>>We are also looking for 40 experienced COBOL, IMS DB/DC developers.  Again
>>the job may require work direction for entry level developers.  Immediate
>>need!

>Hey, there aren't 40 COBOL IMS Programmers (not "developers", a
>developer is someone who subdivides real estate) left in the world.
>Most of them are either well paid or were rightsized out of your
>'Fortune 500' company  and don't want to go back.

>>2 years + COBOL CICS Experience - IMS DB/DC Training included!!
>>We are also looking for many very experienced COBOL CICS developers for
>>the conversion/migration project!  The client will provide formal IMS
>>DB/DC training at the start of the contract.  Job may require work
>>direction for entry level developers mentioned above.  Immediate need!

>Lose that 'Developer' jive-talk, that's pee-cee wee-nee talk, your
>client is looking for Programmers or Software Engineers or Systems
>Analysts.

>>Entry Level COBOL Developers:
>>-----------------------------
>>We are looking for degreed, entry level developers with any amount COBOL
>>background!  Completion of one class could be OK!  IBM experience
>>Preferred. Work will be starting for these positions by end of Jan 1997.
>>Great opportunity for starting your career.

>Now you and they are getting frantic, I love it!  Listen pal, your
>Fortune 500 client canned the asses of a bunch of COBOL-crankers and
>capped the salaries of the rest of them over the last 10 years.  If you
>want any of the 'pro's back, they're going to have to cough up some real
>bucks,  I'm hearing rumors of $100/hour for COBOL around Washington DC,
>so loosen up the old checkbook, salaries better start at well
>over a hundred grand a year with consulting hourly rates of $100/hour.

>>Client will also provide cross-platform training (client/server) as part
>>of the migration.

>How many of you big iron code crankers and JCL jockeys don't know that
>that the century is ending in 1103 days?  How many of you had to put up
>with the indignity of a 0-2.5% raise sometime in the last 10 years?
>"We're doing you a favor because you aren't a 'Client-Server DEVELOPER'"

>This is OUR chance, we have 1103 days to right the wrongs, fix the
>systems, and earn our retirement.  It takes over a million bucks in cash
>to retire.  We have about three years to earn it.  Who's with me?

>It means we'll be working 6 day weeks for three years.  6 day weeks of
>12-14 hour days so we better be paid by the hour.   We also know that
>the companies that 'right-sized' our asses over the last 10 years will
>do it again as soon as they can, so we expect iron clad contracts, with
> [...]

Jerry Clement

Van Nuys, CA

Sat, 12 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. IBM Mainframe - COBOL,IMS/DB/DC,CICS,DB2 immediate openings

2. IMS-DB/DC, DB2, COBOL, ORACLE, ACCESS, VISUAL VASIC, UNIX

3. IMS-DB/DC, DB2, COBOL, EXCEL, ACCESS, VISUAL BASIC, UNIX

4. KC>Mainframe>COBOL, CICS, DB2, IMS>Excellent $$$

5. ** Immediate COBOL/CICS/DB2 openings **

6. Needed: IBM COBOL - Mainframe CICS and DB2 Programmer/Analysts

7. Seeking experienced COBOL PROGRAMMER with CICS, JCL, DB2, VSAM, IDMS, IMS, COBOL - Cleveland, OH

8. Immediate Opening PL1 / CICS / DB2 Prog

9. IMMEDIATE OPEN: COBOL WITH DB2 OR IMS EXPERIENCE FOR FT OR CNSLTING

10. IMMEDIATE OPEN: COBOL WITH DB2 OR IMS EXPERIENCE FOR FT OR CNSLTING

11. IMMEDIATE OPEN: COBOL WITH DB2 OR IMS EXPERIENCE FOR FT OR CNSLTING

12. MAINFRAME/ COBOL/ DB2/ IMS/ CHICAGO