comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
Author Message
 comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

Did I sleep through the first notice?

What "large majority" wants to see it gone?

Mike Klaene

monger.newsread.com!bad-news.newsread.com!netaxs.com!newsread.com!feed1.newsrea
der.com!netnews.com!news.maxwell.syr.edu!newsfeed.rt.ru!news.rosnet.ru!teleglob
e.net!newsf01.ono.com!news.ono.com.POSTED!not-for-mail>From: Usenet

Quote:
>As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
>for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
>taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
>marjority who wants to see this group removed.
>If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.
>--

>Will you irrigate beside the highway, if Selma weekly wastes the shopkeeper?

Thu, 01 Jul 2004 08:21:52 GMT
 comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
It's probably just somebody's idea of a joke.
Forgetaboutit.

----
Jeff

Quote:

> Did I sleep through the first notice?

> What "large majority" wants to see it gone?

> Mike Klaene

> monger.newsread.com!bad-news.newsread.com!netaxs.com!newsread.com!feed1.newsrea
> der.com!netnews.com!news.maxwell.syr.edu!newsfeed.rt.ru!news.rosnet.ru!teleglob
> e.net!newsf01.ono.com!news.ono.com.POSTED!not-for-mail>From: Usenet

> >As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
> >for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> >taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
> >marjority who wants to see this group removed.

> >If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

> >--

> >Will you irrigate beside the highway, if Selma weekly wastes the shopkeeper?

Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:29:29 GMT
 comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
Quote:

> Did I sleep through the first notice?

> What "large majority" wants to see it gone?

> Mike Klaene

> monger.newsread.com!bad-news.newsread.com!netaxs.com!newsread.com!feed1.newsrea
> der.com!netnews.com!news.maxwell.syr.edu!newsfeed.rt.ru!news.rosnet.ru!teleglob
> e.net!newsf01.ono.com!news.ono.com.POSTED!not-for-mail>From: Usenet

> >As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
> >for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> >taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
> >marjority who wants to see this group removed.

> >If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

> >--

> >Will you irrigate beside the highway, if Selma weekly wastes the shopkeeper?

The domain used here seemed bogus to me. So I threw it into
samspade and it comes back with:

01/12/02 20:20:46 dns NASQU.VT.US
No DNS for this address
(host doesn't exist)

So just be be sure, I threw it into the samspade web site,
and we get:

Error - NASQU.VT.US doesn't exist

So from this I'd say this is a bogus posting. However, I'd
contact my ISP and ask them (which is what I'm doing right
now). Meanwhile, looking at the IP address 62.42.230.225 I
find it belongs to:

ONO-NET

admin-c:      TPJ7-RIPE
tech-c:       VRS3-RIPE
status:       ASSIGNED PA

mnt-by:       ONO-MNT

source:       RIPE

--
Steve Thompson
VS Strategies

Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:41:38 GMT
 comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

:>As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
:>for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
:>taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
:>marjority who wants to see this group removed.

:>If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

The idiot spammer is again trying to trick people to post to NANE.

Always check followups.

--

http://www.dissensoftware.com

Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:07:43 GMT

1. comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

2. comp.lang.smalltalk.advocacy, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

3. comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

4. comp.lang.awk, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

5. comp.lang.awk, FINAL NOTICE of newsgroup removal

6. comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

7. comp.lang.logo, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

8. comp.lang.dylan, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

9. comp.lang.oberon, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

10. comp.lang.pl1, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

11. comp.lang.pop, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

12. comp.lang.rexx, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal