Data Area info for QSAM and VSAM control blocks?
Author Message
 Data Area info for QSAM and VSAM control blocks?

I noticed that I can access slick data area maps for virtually all MVS
control blocks such as TCB, RB, JSCB, etc. in the MVS Data Area volumes
within Book Manager on the Internet.  Can I get the same type of data area
maps for QSAM and VSAM control blocks i.e. DCB, ACB, and RPL?  If so, where
can I find it?  Thanks!

Tony

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Area info for QSAM and VSAM control blocks?
See if this helps:
http://ppdbooks.pok.ibm.com:80/cgi-bin/bookmgr/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/DGT1...
Quote:

> I noticed that I can access slick data area maps for virtually all MVS
> control blocks such as TCB, RB, JSCB, etc. in the MVS Data Area volumes
> within Book Manager on the Internet.  Can I get the same type of data area
> maps for QSAM and VSAM control blocks i.e. DCB, ACB, and RPL?  If so, where
> can I find it?  Thanks!

> Tony

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Area info for QSAM and VSAM control blocks?
Yes, I have already checked in that manual.  It does contain descriptions of
VSAM and QSAM control blocks but it does not contain a nice map and cross
reference like that MVS Data Areas Volumes.  I was hoping that someone would
know if and where such a map/cross refererence existsed for access method
control blocks.
Any takers?

Mon, 10 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Area info for QSAM and VSAM control blocks?
I believe the DCBD macro is what you want for the mapping of QSAM
 (and other non-VSAM) control blocks.
VSAM control blocks should be inspected using the SHOWCB macro
(other macros may be relevant as well, depending upon what you want
to do).

All these macros are declared in "Macro Instructions for Data Sets",
my rather old copy is SC26-4747. It has probably been superseeded
by other manual numbers, but the form name should be essentially
the same.

hope this helps.

regards Sven

Quote:
>Yes, I have already checked in that manual.  It does contain descriptions
of
>VSAM and QSAM control blocks but it does not contain a nice map and cross
>reference like that MVS Data Areas Volumes.  I was hoping that someone
would
>know if and where such a map/cross refererence existsed for access method
>control blocks.
>Any takers?

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Area info for QSAM and VSAM control blocks?
There are also the IFGACB and IFGRPL macros, usually found in
SYS1.MODGEN (or AMODGEN), for the respective VSAM (and VTAM) control
blocks.

    -jc-

Quote:

> I believe the DCBD macro is what you want for the mapping of QSAM
>  (and other non-VSAM) control blocks.
> VSAM control blocks should be inspected using the SHOWCB macro
> (other macros may be relevant as well, depending upon what you want
> to do).

> All these macros are declared in "Macro Instructions for Data Sets",
> my rather old copy is SC26-4747. It has probably been superseeded
> by other manual numbers, but the form name should be essentially
> the same.

> hope this helps.

> regards Sven

> >Yes, I have already checked in that manual.  It does contain descriptions
> of
> >VSAM and QSAM control blocks but it does not contain a nice map and cross
> >reference like that MVS Data Areas Volumes.  I was hoping that someone
> would
> >know if and where such a map/cross refererence existsed for access method
> >control blocks.
> >Any takers?

Sat, 15 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Scavenging Control Block info

2. MVS REXX - Looking for Pointer to Data Area IWMRQRY Answer Area

3. Hot Oppurtunity for CICS/COBOL/VSAM/DB2 professionals in the NY/NJ area

4. IBM MF, MVS, CICS, COBOL, VSAM position available in Research Triangle Park area

5. APPC/MVS VSAM data sets

6. VSAM data from UNIX

7. std blocks vs blocks+cache ( was: block behavior)

8. Roger Hui in Bay Area Info?

9. Setting properties of controls in report detail area??

10. Control In Status Area

11. FORTH SIG Info - Tempe AZ area ?

12. Need info on delay/area of some modules