TSO PDS command
Author Message
 TSO PDS command

I have used a program called PDS at a few sites that I have worked
at... This is a TSO command processor that allows functions like
deleted member recovery, and directory increases.

I believe the program was one distributed on a share tape.

Does anyone know where I could get this program, and where I can get
the doco for it (as its online help is poor)...

Gerard Nicol
Enterprise Systems Operations Analyst

       Phone: (61) (02) 739-8807

   Home page: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~opsgn

Tue, 28 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TSO PDS command
The last freeware version of PDS was 8.4 (included support for 3390
DASD) and it is currently available on the CBT tape.

If you need help getting a current copy of the CBT tape please send

PDS is now available as a very powerful, commercial product with any
enhancements over the original and is called PDSTOOLS and marketed by
Serena.  I would highly recommend this package.

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson

Tue, 28 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TSO PDS command

Quote:
ol) writes:

:>
:>I have used a program called PDS at a few sites that I have worked
:>at... This is a TSO command processor that allows functions like
:>deleted member recovery, and directory increases.
:>
:>I believe the program was one distributed on a share tape.
:>
:>Does anyone know where I could get this program, and where I can get
:>the doco for it (as its online help is poor)...

Gerard,

PDS is a fantastic tool! Truly a must have for every shop.

PDS is on the CBT tape available through Technical Support Magazine (sorry, I
don't have their phone number). The tape costs $55 US. There is some
printable doc included on the tape as well.

Alternatively, you could buy PDSTOOLS from Serena International. This is the
commercial product that PDS grew into. Of course it costs more than $55.

Steve Huitt
Sr. Systems Programmer
Nordstrom, Inc.

Thu, 30 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TSO PDS command

Quote:

> ol) writes:
> :>
> :>I have used a program called PDS at a few sites that I have worked
> :>at... This is a TSO command processor that allows functions like
> :>deleted member recovery, and directory increases.
> :>
> :>I believe the program was one distributed on a share tape.
> :>
> :>Does anyone know where I could get this program, and where I can get
> :>the doco for it (as its online help is poor)...

> Gerard,

> PDS is a fantastic tool! Truly a must have for every shop.

> PDS is on the CBT tape available through Technical Support Magazine (sorry, I
> don't have their phone number). The tape costs $55 US. There is some
> printable doc included on the tape as well.

> Alternatively, you could buy PDSTOOLS from Serena International. This is the
> commercial product that PDS grew into. Of course it costs more than $55.

We have something called PDSFAST. Apart from changing directory sizes or
locating deleted/outdated members(it invents names for them) it can also
condense PDSs that are allocated, eg. PDF 3.1 won't condense a JCL library
allocated to CA SCHEDULER, but PDSFast has no problem doing this.

Sun, 03 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. PDS to sequential dataset under TSO

2. REXX/TSO to get PDS member SIZE from directory

3. PDS to sequential dataset under TSO

4. REXX MVS/TSO reading of PDS datasets(38,000 members) -Reply

5. REXX MVS/TSO reading of PDS datasets(38,000 members)

6. REXX MVS/TSO reading of PDS datasets(38,000 members) -Reply

7. REXX-TSO PDS member info

8. REXX-TSO PDS member info (solution)

9. TSO-REXX PDS

10. Submit TSO command from another environment

11. TSO TEST command

12. question about TSO/ISPF commands