ASMIDF and "moved" instructions.
Author Message
 ASMIDF and "moved" instructions.

I'm starting with my first attempts at using ASMIDF,
it certainly is very nice debugging environment.

However, the program I'm trying to debug copies code
to a GETMAIN'd (below the line) area.

Later, it BALR's into that code.

When I'm single-stepping, ASMIDF gives me a
message that the offset isn't in the program's boundaries:

  ASMMAI025W Warning: Next instruction is outside of target program's boundaries

and doing either STMTSTEP or STEP runs the
program to completion.

I can set a break-point on the instruction after the
BALR which seems to work fine.

I can also set a break-point on the target offset, which
will stop there - for one instruction only - doing a STEP
runs the program to completion.

I've read through most of the manual, but, perhaps
I'm just not seeing what I need...

Is there an OPTION or a command that I can use
to get ASMIDF to consider this copied code as part
of the program, and thus single-step through it?
(This is version 2 of the toolkit, by the way...)

Has anyone had similar problems - if so, do you
have a nice solution?

    - Thanks -
  - Dave Rivers -

--