Zip/Unzip-Routine for Strings
Author Message
 Zip/Unzip-Routine for Strings

Hello,

We are working in a MVS/IMS-environnment and have interfaces to PC.

We are forced to zip/unzip an IMS-message.

So we need a zip/unzip-routine:

a) for zip/unzip a *string* (not a file)
b) it has to be written in assembler (or COBOL) because of
   the evironnement.

It is urgend, but it is very difficult to find such a routine,
or a company who sells it.

I do this post for:

Daniel Hofer

Please sent the information at him.

I thank you very much in advance
Patrick Ogay
--
Pat (in ASCII-Mode)

Fri, 04 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Zip/Unzip-Routine for Strings

Quote:

>we need a zip/unzip-routine:

>a) for zip/unzip a *string* (not a file)
>b) it has to be written in assembler (or COBOL) because of
>   the evironnement.

>It is urgend, but it is very difficult to find such a routine,
>or a company who sells it.

PKZIP DCLs (Data Compression Libraries) are available on various
platforms. They can be called from your program to compress and
decompress blocks of data that you supply. The libraries are written
in Assembler on MVS so they will be suitable for your environment.

For more infomation please refer to:

USA
http://www.asizip.com

UK and Rest of the World.
http://www.target4.com

Regards,
Duncan Gillingwater.

PKZIP Development and Support
Targetfour Ltd.

Mon, 07 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Zip/Unzip-Routine for Strings

Quote:
>Hello,

>We are working in a MVS/IMS-environnment and have interfaces to PC.

>We are forced to zip/unzip an IMS-message.

>So we need a zip/unzip-routine:

[snip]

You can find zip/unzip source code for multiple platforms (including MVS)
at:

http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/Info-Zip.html

Once there, click on the "unzip" link.

Cheers,

==============  ,,   ========================================

                 -'#  IBMMAIL(USRWNZEN) --> MVS (work)
==============  ###  ========================================
"People who write subsystems use a lot of four-letter words."

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ZIP/UNZIP-Routine for Strings

2. ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes

3. Need a zip util to unzip msdos zipped files on a unix plat

4. zip/unzip files from Clarion application

5. What Fun It Is To ZIP (and UnZip)

6. Most efficient unzip - inverse of zip?

7. zip/unzip pictures doesn't work

8. Anyone managed to unzip mstcl73e.zip ?

9. REQ: P3007.ZIP P3007X.ZIP F3007.ZIP PATCH.EXE Clarion for DOS update patches

10. pull zip code out of string

11. toolset.zip and scenev21.zip updated

12. New release of MEMVAR.ZIP (was: MEMVAR.ZIP)