Hitting Enter
Author Message
 Hitting Enter

In an online application, ISPF dialog manager, if a user doesn't
hit a key withing a pre-determined amount of time, I want the
program to "hit enter" for them.
What would be the code and process to send a 3270 enter key to the
terminal from a program?

Wed, 08 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Hitting Enter

Quote:

> In an online application, ISPF dialog manager, if a user doesn't
> hit a key withing a pre-determined amount of time, I want the
> program to "hit enter" for them.
> What would be the code and process to send a 3270 enter key to the
> terminal from a program?

   "3270"s support the "Read Buffer Modified" command, although I've never
actually used it, and I don't really know how to invoke it from ISPF.  I
guess that you could issue a "TPUT" from within a "STIMERM" exit.  I'm sorry
that I can't be more helpful but I hope that this helpful.

Another possibilty is if you are using a session manager, like TPX, there
are exits for that sort of thing.

--
 --. --. --. --. : : --- --- .---------------------------------------------.
 |_| |_| | _ | | | | |_   |  |Internet provider for all Acorn RISC machines|
 | | |\  | | | | |\| |    |  '---------------------------------------------'

Wed, 15 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hitting ENTER

2. Question: Getting a keyboard entry without hitting ENTER

3. One Character from Keyboard w/o hitting Enter?

4. Hitting ENTER

5. How to get user input without user hitting <Enter>?

6. Execute the buttons' functionality by hitting the enter key(Tcl/tk)

7. Visual Assembler a Big Hit

8. WhySmalltalk.com Getting HIT!

9. Hit by a bus

10. How to make RB hit keys

11. detecting cancel button hit

12. TPS files and 32bit performance takes a hit?