Borland C/C++ 4.5 and TASM
Author Message
 Borland C/C++ 4.5 and TASM

How do I link TASM .OBJ files to Borland C/C++ 4.5 so that I can call
the assembly language procedures direct from C code?

I think that the right command to use is 'extern' but I cant get that
to work.

Please help me!

Thanks,
Besty.

|                                          |
|  Simon James Best                        |

|                                          |

Sun, 12 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Borland C/C++ 4.5 and TASM

Quote:

>How do I link TASM .OBJ files to Borland C/C++ 4.5 so that I can call
>the assembly language procedures direct from C code?
>I think that the right command to use is 'extern' but I cant get that
>to work.
>Please help me!

Boy have you got the wrong newsgroup! This is comp.lang.asm370. The
"370" refers to the IBM System/370 line of mainframes. When we link
things we have a standard calling convention so that we don't have to
worry about what language it was written in. You might get a lot more
helpful answer in a PC oriented newsgroup.

Wed, 15 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Borland C/C++ 4.5 and TASM
Quote:

> >How do I link TASM .OBJ files to Borland C/C++ 4.5 so that I can call
> >the assembly language procedures direct from C code?

> >I think that the right command to use is 'extern' but I cant get that
> >to work.

> >Please help me!

> Boy have you got the wrong newsgroup! This is comp.lang.asm370. The
> "370" refers to the IBM System/370 line of mainframes. When we link
> things we have a standard calling convention so that we don't have to
> worry about what language it was written in. You might get a lot more
> helpful answer in a PC oriented newsgroup.

You might try declareing your assem routine as EXTERN and your linker will (I think, it's been
a while?) cope with it for you.....the parms are on you in the assem routine though...
--
Psychedelic Harry

        Where Is RAH When We Need Him?  Goddamn His

Sat, 18 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Borland C/C++ 4.5 and TASM

2. Can Small Eiffel be used with borland C++ 4.5

3. >Using Borland C++ 4.5 with CA-dBFast 2.0d1

4. Borland C++ 4.5 setup question

5. NASM + Borland C++ 4.5

6. Borland C++ 4.5 for Windows (and DOS?)

7. ObjectTcl and Borland C++ 4.5

9. No TASM In Borland C++ 4.5.. ARGH..

10. Linking Clipper app with Borland C 4.5 linker ?

11. Compiling with Borland 4.5