deleting a backup
Author Message
 deleting a backup

   My program relies on an ini to tell if it has been run before.  How
would I delete the backups it produces when I write over the ini?  Any
help would be nice.

Tue, 28 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 deleting a backup

Quote:

>   My program relies on an ini to tell if it has been run before.  How
>would I delete the backups it produces when I write over the ini?  Any
>help would be nice.

Why not catalog the dataset as a Generation Data Group (GDG)? That way
the older versions will roll off and be deleted.

In other words: Boy are *you* in the wrong newsgroup!

Sun, 03 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 deleting a backup

: >   My program relies on an ini to tell if it has been run before.  How
: >would I delete the backups it produces when I write over the ini?  Any
: >help would be nice.

: Why not catalog the dataset as a Generation Data Group (GDG)? That way
: the older versions will roll off and be deleted.

: In other words: Boy are *you* in the wrong newsgroup!

        And all he asked for was "any help with his ini file"...
        if the GDGs don't work, maybe he should get FDR to archive them.

   "Just because it worked doesn't mean it works." -- me

Mon, 04 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 deleting a backup

: : >   My program relies on an ini to tell if it has been run before.  How
: : >would I delete the backups it produces when I write over the ini?  Any
: : >help would be nice.
Well, gee, it seems that if the program detects that it has been run
before, it should not write over the ini.  Then redundant backups
wouldn't happen.

-- gil

Thu, 07 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Archive(Backup) and Delete.

2. Delete key on keyboard deleting records

3. Deleted procs not deleted???

4. Delete all files in Dir or delete Dir

5. Keyboard Delete button to delete row in array

6. bug(?): menu delete operation always deletes at least one entry

7. delete or not to delete

8. Backups

9. Precautions reqd for System-Volume Backup

10. DFDSS Backup File Structure

11. Creating Backup Report

12. Backup of server in VA3.0 team