Test to see if Hi bit is set ?
Author Message
 Test to see if Hi bit is set ?

Could anyone help me with some code to test to see if the hi-bit is set
on a char!

Thank-you inadvance

DDooley

Fri, 16 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Test to see if Hi bit is set ?

Quote:
>Could anyone help me with some code to test to see if the hi-bit is set
>on a char!
>DDooley

The *tone* of your question suggests you're referring to PC assembler,
to which, the answer is to load the char into a register and use the TEST
instruction:
  TEST AL,10000000B
  JNZ   HIGHBIT

This newsgroup is for S/370 (IBM mainframe) assembler, to which the
answer is:
  TM  CHAR,X'80'
  BO  HIGHBIT

Regards,
Gary
Advanced Debugging System for CICS
http://www.castle.net/~gbergman

Fri, 16 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Test to see if Hi bit is set ?

Quote:
>Could anyone help me with some code to test to see if the hi-bit is set
>on a char!
>Thank-you inadvance
>DDooley

        TM      CHAR,X'80'
        BO      HIGH_BIT_SET

Fri, 16 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to test if one bit is set?

2. Testing for a bit set in a byte

3. Am I seeing things?...

4. Hi everyone I am back.

5. hi i am tring to make some code that does this

6. first bit set in a 64 bit integer...

7. hi-bit ascii

8. set hi-res video with Clipper 5.2d

9. Oberon/F: how to set hi- and lo-order BYTES

10. how to set bg color for wish main window by option?Hi

11. Test: Seeing if Google is updating USENET posts in real-time

12. Little Compiler Test for Rarely Seen Bug(s)