Internal structure of load modules
Author Message
 Internal structure of load modules

John Ehrman (IBM Santa Teresa Lab) has asked me to post the following:

                          -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

On 26 Apr 1994 at 07:49:36, Peter Flass suggested that Kerry Tenberg
could find information about the internal structure of load modules from
several IBM manuals. I would offer this observation:

In March 1993, IBM delivered the successor to the Linkage Editor and
Loader, known as the Binder (part of DFSMS/MVS). The Binder supports a
new form of executable program, called a Program Object.

Rather than externalizing the format of the Program Object, IBM provides
a callable interface that can be used to extract information from the
Program Object. Information about the Binder and its interfaces can be
found in "DFSMS/MVS V1R1 Program Management" (SC26-4916).

It is expected that load modules will become less and less used, as will
the Linkage Editor. Thus, I wouldn't recommend making major investments
in programs that are dependent on load module formats.

Fri, 18 Oct 1996 11:03:02 GMT
 Internal structure of load modules

:It is expected that load modules will become less and less used, as will
:the Linkage Editor.

Does this apply to CICS?

---
Coming soon to a theater near you:  LE NOTTE {*filter*}HE DEI MORTI VIVENTI
"Creepy, crawlin, lizard eatin' black cat!" fnord "I'm gwyna blind ya!"
"Art is _never_ morally objectionable!"  fnord "University of Florida!"

Sat, 19 Oct 1996 11:13:52 GMT

1. Module information in load-module

2. Internal CDX structure, anyone ?

3. HELP : Look for information of database internal file structure

4. Possible Bug in internal memory management of the Tcl_Obj * structure

5. Q: internal structure of tk_dialog window?

6. Probing internal nodes in modules from outside

7. Use allocatable array in module and internal subroutines

8. Using structure types along modules in OCaml

9. A library of data structures modules

10. Converting Fortran module<->C++ structure

11. DC and DS in load modules?