CICS MACRO LEVEL IN ASSEMBLER
Author Message
 CICS MACRO LEVEL IN ASSEMBLER

:My pal & I are doing a contract to convert CICS MACRO LVL ASM programs to
:CICS COMMAND LVL ASM w/ CICS VER 4.1.x. We need your help in sourcing
:documentations for DFHOC which I suppose was last found in CICS ver1.6 or
:lower (Customization Guide). Other macros are coded w/ CTYPE=LOCATE &
:CTYPE=STATUS.
:
:Since the CICS VER4.1.X is not yet in full blast. I want to know what
:COPY DFHxxxDS (e.i. DFHPPTDS, DFHPCTDS, DFHCSADS, DFHTCADS) will still be
:available/accessible to the application programs written in command lvl ASM
:pgms.
:
:Many Thanks to you in advance.
:
:ED TOBIAS

Wed, 10 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 CICS MACRO LEVEL IN ASSEMBLER

Quote:
>:My pal & I are doing a contract to convert CICS MACRO LVL ASM programs to
>:CICS COMMAND LVL ASM w/ CICS VER 4.1.x. We need your help in sourcing
>:documentations.

Each release since 3.1.1 removed more and more of the Macro interface.
In 4.1.0 you still have (undocumented) complete access to DFHSC, DFHTD,
DFHTS and DFHTC (DFHTS disappears in the next release).
Even though the PPT still exists, it cannot be accessed via the CSA
(which exists in a slightly different form). Much of the PPT information
has been moved to other areas such as the Application Program Entry
and Program Language Block. At minimum you need to obtain the
Supplementary Data Areas Manual. Your client may not have the CICS
Optional Source Libraries, in which case I suggest you contact the
IBM sponsored "S/390 Developers Association".
If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to answer them.
Regards,
Gary
http://www.castle.net/~gbergman

Thu, 11 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. CICS MACRO LEVEL to COMMAND LEVEL

2. Macro-level CICS Registers?

3. CICS/VSAM (Macro Level) for USA-NC

4. US-NE-CICS(MACRO)/ASSEMBLER P/A-CONT OR PERM

5. Free TMA macro assembler assembler project

6. description/explanation of CICS macros

7. BAL/BALR vs BAS/BASR in CICS macros

8. CICS/PL1 Macro- to Cmd-lvl Conversion Consultants?

9. description/explanation of CICS macros

10. CICS Macro->Command

11. US-NJ - COBOL/CICS/(DB2 or VSAM) Programmer Analysts various levels for major bank

12. JOB - HOLLAND: A/P COBOL I, MACRO CICS