TX - Dallas - Immediate need for Cobol CICS VSAM programmers
Author Message
 TX - Dallas - Immediate need for Cobol CICS VSAM programmers

Our client has an immediate need for the following positions:

Cobol CICS VSAM Programmers:
8 Contractors - 3-6 Months
4 Permanent Positions - Programming
1 Permanent Position - Project Leader/Manager

Application requires customizations and enhancements of an existing system.

For confidential consideration, please forward your resume to:

Fax to:         (214) 241-8353  Attn: Craig Morrison
Snail-Mail:     Catterton Systems Solutions
                3001 LBJ Frwy, Suite 213
                Dallas, TX  75234
                Attn: Craig Morrison
Phone:          (214) 934-9000

Sat, 01 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TX - Dallas - Immediate need for Cobol CICS VSAM programmers

Quote:
> Is it O.K. to advertise job openings in this newsgroup?

Not really.  According to the charter of comp.lang.cobol (maybe
asm370 is similar) it is for the discussion of all aspects of the
use of the programming language COBOL (eg Object-oriented COBOL).
The charter does not mention job ads.

But here are some informal guidelines to avoid irritating too many
of us:

  Mark the Subject line with asterisks and say WHERE the job is
    eg Subject: ** USA Ca AS400 Cobol A/P
  Keep it brief (20 lines + 4 sig)
  NO APPLICATION FORMS or MISSION STATEMENTS
  For multiple positions, post 1 ad + pointer to others
  Agencies restricted to 1 ad per week.

Hope this helps any ethical agencies that _read_ newsgroups :-)
--
Richard Ross-Langley

Tue, 04 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TX - Dallas - Immediate need for Cobol CICS VSAM programmers

Quote:

>> Is it O.K. to advertise job openings in this newsgroup?
>Not really.  According to the charter of comp.lang.cobol (maybe
>But here are some informal guidelines to avoid irritating too many
>of us:
>  Mark the Subject line with asterisks and say WHERE the job is
>    eg Subject: ** USA Ca AS400 Cobol A/P

Instead of the asterisks (which may appear in a regular message), I'd
like to suggest the <Subject:> line be prefixed with something like "Job:"

e.g.

Subject:  Job:  USA CA AS400 COBOL A/P

Then the fragment "job:" can be put into a killfile (just as "Ad:" or
"$:" can be put into killfiles for the maroons [sic] who insist upon
posting ads)

--
 ------------------------------------
 Phil Paxton :: Fishers, Indiana, USA

Wed, 05 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TX - Dallas - Immediate need for Cobol CICS VSAM programmers

Quote:

>>> Is it O.K. to advertise job openings in this newsgroup?
>>Not really...But here are some informal guidelines to avoid
>>irritating too many of us: [snip]
>>    eg Subject: ** USA Ca AS400 Cobol A/P
> Instead of the asterisks.. I'd like to suggest.. "Job:"
>     eg Subject: Job: USA CA AS400 COBOL A/P
> Then the fragment "job:" can be put into a killfile (just as "Ad:"
> or "$:" ..for the maroons [sic] who insist upon posting ads)

Yes, anything!

But maroons (?) who seem not to even read the newsgroup, like:
   -- STOP! -- READ THIS! -->

(who ignores direct email and ignores such suggestions anyway) are
getting really irritating...

(cc sent to Mr Hartman so we know he gets *this* one)
--
Richard Ross-Langley

Thu, 06 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TX - Dallas - Immediate need for Cobol CICS VSAM programmers

Quote:

> But maroons (?) who seem not to even read the newsgroup, like:
>    -- STOP! -- READ THIS! -->

> (who ignores direct email and ignores such suggestions anyway) are
> getting really irritating...

As I recall, a few months ago the other guy at Ategra Systems made the
comment here in this newsgroup (i,e. the comp.lang.cobol one) that everybody
has their own opinion as to how the newsgroups should work, so they
(Ategra Systems) have consequently decided to just do whatever they want
to do.

Thu, 13 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TX - Dallas - Immediate need for Cobol CICS VSAM programmers
+
+> But maroons (?) who seem not to even read the newsgroup, like:
+>    -- STOP! -- READ THIS! -->

+> (who ignores direct email and ignores such suggestions anyway) are
+> getting really irritating...
+
+As I recall, a few months ago the other guy at Ategra Systems made the
+comment here in this newsgroup (i,e. the comp.lang.cobol one) that everybody
+has their own opinion as to how the newsgroups should work, so they
+(Ategra Systems) have consequently decided to just do whatever they want
+to do.
+
If all of us who are irritated by these clowns take a few seconds to e-mail our gripes to them (and their sysadmins),
possibly they will get tired of the large volume of e-messages and give up.

Naaaaah.  Just dreaming.  But maybe it's worth a try.

Sat, 15 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. TX - Dallas - Immediate need for Cobol CICS VSAM programmers

2. COBOL, CICS, DB2 NEED IN DALLAS, TX

3. US-MA/ Programmer Needs: Cobol/CICS/VSAM/Telon/Esaytrieve +

4. US-CA-LA PROGRAMMER NEEDED ADABAS/NATURAL DB2 COBOL CICS VSAM

5. **US-TX-Dallas - COBOL II, MVS, DB2, VSAM

6. US-TX-DFW Need Cobol/CICS Sr. Programmer

7. Seeking experienced COBOL PROGRAMMER with CICS, JCL, DB2, VSAM, IDMS, IMS, COBOL - Cleveland, OH

8. Programmer Analyst --COBOL--Dallas, TX

9. Programmer Analyst --COBOL---DALLAS< TX

10. US-TX - DALLAS STRONG ALC AND COBOL CONTRACT PROGRAMMERS

11. US-TX-DALLAS - COBOL/DB2 CONTRACT PROGRAMMER

12. TX-DALLAS Senior COBOL Programmer (E411)