Writing storage to dataset
Author Message
 Writing storage to dataset

Quote:

> Sounds about write to me.  Pardon the pun.  I am just a low character.

Is that like x'00'?

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing storage to dataset
Depends on whether you think of it as a signed number or not.  If it's
signed, then X'FF' is lower!

Quote:

>> Sounds about write to me.  Pardon the pun.  I am just a low character.

>Is that like x'00'?

-- Steve Myers

The E-mail addresses in this message are private property.  Any use of them
to  send  unsolicited  E-mail  messages  of  a  commerical  nature  will be
considered trespassing,  and the originator of the message will be  sued in
small claims court in Camden County,  New Jersey,  for the  maximum penalty
allowed by law.

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing storage to dataset

Quote:

>This is probably an easy thing to do, but this is my first time using
>assembler. I have 2 addresses stored in R2 and R3.  I need to write the
>storage beginning at R2 and ending at R3 to a dataset.      Is there an easy way
>to do this?  I'm thinking I need to loop with the put macro, but not sure
>exactly how it's done.

>Thank you for any assistance.

>Jim T.

Jim,

I would look up the SNAP macro instruction

with kind regards

Volker Bandke
(BSP GmbH)

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing storage to dataset

Quote:

>> >This is probably an easy thing to do, but this is my first time using
>> >assembler. I have 2 addresses stored in R2 and R3.  I need to write the
>> >storage beginning at R2 and ending at R3 to a dataset. Is there an easy
>way
>> >to do this?  I'm thinking I need to loop with the put macro, but not
sure
>> >exactly how it's done.

>> >Thank you for any assistance.

>> >Jim T.

>> Jim,

>> I would look up the SNAP macro instruction

>> with kind regards

>> Volker Bandke
>> (BSP GmbH)

>Volker,

>Thank you.  I tried SNAP and it worked but I don't need the info messages
and
>address labels that SNAP provides.  All I need is the hex data between the
>2 addresses.  Any other alternatives?

I think you'll be in trouble with SNAP. What you're after is the actual
data in your address range, not the character representation of it.
You'll probably have to investigate PUT and a loop - maybe Back-axle .

Dave

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing storage to dataset

Quote:

> Depends on whether you think of it as a signed number or not.  If it's

> signed, then X'FF' is lower!

How low can you get?

And don't say X'80'.

This could give a whole new meaning to something like

      MOVE LOW-VALUES TO WIDGET.

But fortunately we don't speak COBOL here...

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing storage to dataset
It would appear to me that since this fellow clains to be a low *character*
then he must be X'40', since anything below that is not representable as a
character. :-)

Andrew Sleith

Quote:

writes:

>>> Sounds about write to me.  Pardon the pun.  I am just a low character.

>>Is that like x'00'?

>-- Steve Myers

<snip>

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing storage to dataset
If this is for debugging purposes, you could use the TRACE macro and write
the data to GTF. Start GTF to collect the data and use IPCS to format the
trace data.

Quote:

>>This is probably an easy thing to do, but this is my first time using
>>assembler. I have 2 addresses stored in R2 and R3.  I need to write the
>>storage beginning at R2 and ending at R3 to a dataset. Is there an easy
way
>>to do this?  I'm thinking I need to loop with the put macro, but not sure
>>exactly how it's done.

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Writing storage to dataset
Ahhh, but if he swore a lot, he might be an "unprintable"
character :)

Judy Anderson

Quote:

>It would appear to me that since this fellow clains to be a low *character*
>then he must be X'40', since anything below that is not representable as a
>character. :-)

>Andrew Sleith

>>Depends on whether you think of it as a signed number or not.  If it's
>>signed, then X'FF' is lower!

>>>Is that like x'00'?

>>-- Steve Myers

><snip>

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Storage efficient way of writing to .csv

2. writing data structures to disk/solid storage

3. storage efficient write on different unices

4. working-storage vs. local-storage

5. Couple dataset access

6. Dataset existence

7. Current dataset in a concatenation?

8. modify dataset attributes

9. How to find size of dataset

10. Editing a subset of columns in a DataSet

11. VW 7 dataset sorting

12. Dataset Information