DFDSS Backup File Structure
Author Message
 DFDSS Backup File Structure

I am interested in scanning DFDSS backups for file information.
Is there an assembler mapping macro for the records, can I use DFDSS
to get  the information (I need the information passed back to my
calling program).

Gerard Nicol
Enterprise Systems Operations Analyst

       Phone: (61) (02) 739-8807

   Home page: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~opsgn

Mon, 08 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 DFDSS Backup File Structure

Quote:

>I am interested in scanning DFDSS backups for file information.
>Is there an assembler mapping macro for the records, can I use DFDSS
>to get  the information (I need the information passed back to my
>calling program).

>Gerard Nicol
>Enterprise Systems Operations Analyst

>       Phone: (61) (02) 739-8807

>   Home page: http://www.deakin.edu.au/~opsgn

  If you have a copy of the CBT tape there is a tapemap program there that
can decipher (comments say) dfdss backups. I use FDR and the program can
handle that ok.  I think this version came from file 181, but did not compare
source to make sure (there's so many tape mapping utilities on the cbt tape
it's hard to remember which one is which),  Naspa maintains the CBT tape last
time I knew.

Mon, 08 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Make Backup Files"-Bug?

2. Wants to Do Backup without Closing the Files, see that Template

3. Are TPS files locked during backups?

4. CW2.003 - file backup using Process Template

5. Creating Backup File(s)

6. Batch File to Backup APP and DCT

7. Whe archive backup file create from browde database

8. CD Backups create read only files

9. Inhibit creation of backup (~) files in edwin

10. Searching for Windows NT/95 backup utitility that keeps multiple versions of files

11. ISAM file backup questions

12. Suppressing backup ~ files in gnu Emacs Lisp