FTPing from TSO
Author Message
 FTPing from TSO

I am trying to FTP a file to a server which expects me to be in PASSIVE mode
so they can establish a port with the mainframe. I have attempted to change
from ACTIVE to PASSIVE but either this can not be done or I am using the
wrong instruction. I have tryed PASV but this does not work.  Bookmanager
does not have any mention of this.  Does anyone have any ideas ?

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 FTPing from TSO

Quote:

> I am trying to FTP a file to a server which expects me to be in PASSIVE mode
> so they can establish a port with the mainframe. I have attempted to change
> from ACTIVE to PASSIVE but either this can not be done or I am using the
> wrong instruction. I have tryed PASV but this does not work.  Bookmanager
> does not have any mention of this.  Does anyone have any ideas ?

Try help from the ftp prompt to see if the TSO client even supports passive
mode. If BM doesn't mention it and it's not listed in the ftp help, then
I'd assume it's not supported.

        Jerry

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 FTPing from TSO
You can also try command QUOTE PASV.  This will use the servers command
set.
HTH
Baz
PS - I dont read this ng, just bumped into your note when looking for
unrelated passive ftp probs.  If you want another reply from me, post
to both the ng and my email, I'll then reply to the ng.

Quote:

> > I am trying to FTP a file to a server which expects me to be in
PASSIVE mode
> > so they can establish a port with the mainframe. I have attempted
to change
> > from ACTIVE to PASSIVE but either this can not be done or I am
using the
> > wrong instruction. I have tryed PASV but this does not work.
Bookmanager
> > does not have any mention of this.  Does anyone have any ideas ?

> Try help from the ftp prompt to see if the TSO client even supports
passive
> mode. If BM doesn't mention it and it's not listed in the ftp help,
then
> I'd assume it's not supported.

>    Jerry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. problem ftping Logo Update

2. address for ftping T

3. FTPing Oaklisp

4. User interface under TSO (was Re: Detecting TSO SM ...)

5. Pfkeys with APL II under TSO

6. TSO/ISPF On PC?

7. PFKey handeling in TSO

8. Tasks in TSO (use mono-space font to view)

9. TSO logon glitch

10. Help with TSO TEST

11. Running TSO in batch and capturing SYSTSPRT

12. Submit TSO command from another environment