Time zone in MVS
Author Message
 Time zone in MVS

Is the time zone available under MVS? If so, how do I find out
what it is in an assembler CICS program?

TIA,

I don't speak for HBO & Company, and I don't know who does.

Sat, 19 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Time zone in MVS

Quote:

> Is the time zone available under MVS? If so, how do I find out
> what it is in an assembler CICS program?

> TIA,

> I don't speak for HBO & Company, and I don't know who does.

In the MVS CVT there is a field with the GMT offset. 0 is Greenwhich
Mean Time.

Sun, 20 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Time zone in MVS

[Posted and mailed]

:>Is the time zone available under MVS? If so, how do I find out
:>what it is in an assembler CICS program?

CVTTZ or CVTLDTO. These are displacements from GMT time in appx 1 second
values or timer units. CVT is a location x'10' and is mapped by the CVT macro.

Mon, 21 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Time zone in MVS

: The local offset and leap seconds are located in the CVT.

How is leap seconds maintained?  Since the leap second count
is not knowable far in advance, it must be refreshed dynamically.
Is there a PTF issued to do this whenever necessary?  What
impact?  HIPER?

Inquiring minds want to know,
gil

Wed, 23 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Time zone in MVS

<-snip->
: CVT is a location x'10' and is mapped by the CVT macro.

CVT is _pointed_to_by_ location x'10' .....

--

W3DHJ  DM68mn   |  CompuServe:      72103,443
                |  snail-mail:      81230-1371

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. time zones, daylight saving time, and universal time

2. How to make VW TimeZone use the system time zone automatically

3. Getting Dates with time Zone

4. Setting time zone

5. time zone

6. Programming in other time zone