Determining TOD Clock Setting
Author Message
 Determining TOD Clock Setting

Greetings,

        Is there a method available to determine programmatically whether
the MVS TOD Clock was set to LOCAL or GMT, without having to read the
PARMLIB "CLOCK" member and try to figure it out?

        I'm using CVTLDTO in my GMT Offset calculation. However, if CVTLDTO
were X'00's, I'm trying to determine whether it is legitimate (Location is
UK and it's NOT British Summer Time) OR if the TOD Clock is set to LOCAL.

        While I'm at it, when a symbolic feedback code "CEE2E7" (looks like
a H'3' in the manual) is returned after calling the LE Callable Service
routine "CEEGMTO", does this mean that the GMT Offset was found to be ZEROS
(would make sense if it's NOT British Summer Time and you're in the UK) or
has this routine determined that the MVS TOD Clock has been set to
LOCAL instead of GMT, which forces CVTLDTO to X'00's.

        The actual msg-txt associated with message "CEE2503S" (CEE2E7):

                The offset from UTC/GMT to local time was not available from
                the system.

                A call to CEEGMTO failed because either (1) the current
                operating system could not be determined, or (2) the time
                zone field in the operating system control block appears to
                contain invalid data.

        Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:37:26 GMT
 Determining TOD Clock Setting
No, you cannot do anything other than check CVTLDTO or read parmlib.

Quote:
> Greetings,

>         Is there a method available to determine programmatically whether
> the MVS TOD Clock was set to LOCAL or GMT, without having to read the
> PARMLIB "CLOCK" member and try to figure it out?

>         I'm using CVTLDTO in my GMT Offset calculation. However, if
CVTLDTO
> were X'00's, I'm trying to determine whether it is legitimate (Location is
> UK and it's NOT British Summer Time) OR if the TOD Clock is set to LOCAL.

>         While I'm at it, when a symbolic feedback code "CEE2E7" (looks
like
> a H'3' in the manual) is returned after calling the LE Callable Service
> routine "CEEGMTO", does this mean that the GMT Offset was found to be
ZEROS
> (would make sense if it's NOT British Summer Time and you're in the UK) or
> has this routine determined that the MVS TOD Clock has been set to
> LOCAL instead of GMT, which forces CVTLDTO to X'00's.

>         The actual msg-txt associated with message "CEE2503S" (CEE2E7):

>                 The offset from UTC/GMT to local time was not available
from
>                 the system.

>                 A call to CEEGMTO failed because either (1) the current
>                 operating system could not be determined, or (2) the time
>                 zone field in the operating system control block appears
>                 contain invalid data.

>         Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Bill

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:55:00 GMT
 Determining TOD Clock Setting

:>        Is there a method available to determine programmatically whether
:>the MVS TOD Clock was set to LOCAL or GMT, without having to read the
:>PARMLIB "CLOCK" member and try to figure it out?

:>        I'm using CVTLDTO in my GMT Offset calculation. However, if CVTLDTO
:>were X'00's, I'm trying to determine whether it is legitimate (Location is
:>UK and it's NOT British Summer Time) OR if the TOD Clock is set to LOCAL.

How would you define the difference?

I see no way that you can programmatically figure out where the computer is.

[...]

Perhaps if it isn't some even number of hours, i.e., if it is three hours,
twenty minutes and 16.23 seconds?

--

http://www.dissensoftware.com

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 02:29:48 GMT

1. change TOD clock with set and store clock

2. date functions, TOD clock and the year 2043

3. TOD clock and the year 2043

4. TOD clock assembler code

5. Date-Time/TOD clock conversion (was Re: (no subject given))

6. TOD Clock?

7. TOD Clock

8. Help: Latching a signal for X clocks, where X is determined later

9. Determine clock speed

10. Determining Clock Speed

11. How can I determine clock speed?

12. clock scan [clock format [clock seconds]] fails