Macintosh virus detection program in planning - help needed
Author Message
 Macintosh virus detection program in planning - help needed

     A few months ago, I posted a message on comp.virus requesting
bibliographic sources concerning anti-viral (infection detection and
prevention) utilities.  First, I'd like to thank everyone who responded,
especially Jan Christian van Winkel in the Netherlands.

     I am now looking for a good Macintosh toolbox programming package,
most preferably of the type the was used to develop applications such as
Stuffit (the file compression utility) and Disinfectant.  Currently, I am
looking at the Macintosh Programmer's Workshop and other older file edit
utilities (Mac Tools, etc).  Could someone recommend a good set of programming
tools for development of what I expect to be a relatively low-level (assembler
based) task?  I am prepared to learn Mac assembler if it is required.

     I would also appreciate it if someone could send me a list of some of
the E-mail addresses of the people who developed Disinfectant with John
Norstad.  I have sent mail to him, but it seems he doesn't have the complete
address list.

     Finally, I remember reading a series of posts about universal virus
detectors during last winter and early spring of this year.  I'm not certain
what the general consensus was at the end of that discussion, but I recall
that a formal proof against the possibility of such a detector was cited.
Could someone please advise me on the details of the proof (and
counterarguments)?  Thank you very much.

Fri, 30 Oct 1992 09:12:48 GMT

1. Need help porting program to the Macintosh

2. My Plans for World Conquest -- need help

3. Printer detection question - need help!

4. Boot Sector virus detection

5. Virus detection software and hidden files

6. Help needed: Tcl/Tk on Macintosh

7. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

8. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

9. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

10. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

11. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

12. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE