Y2K and SYSLOG 
Author Message
 Y2K and SYSLOG

Did my question as to the display of the year in SYSLOG for Y2K hit
the list? If so I didn't get any response.

I will try again.

Does anyone kown if the date stamp in SYSLOG will display the year
as 2000 or as 100?

--

Ornum Software Ltd (S)   Tel/Fax:+44(0)181 570 8785
                    ~



Wed, 01 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Y2K and SYSLOG

Quote:

> Did my question as to the display of the year in SYSLOG for Y2K hit
> the list? If so I didn't get any response.

> I will try again.

> Does anyone kown if the date stamp in SYSLOG will display the year
> as 2000 or as 100?

> --

> Ornum Software Ltd (S)   Tel/Fax:+44(0)181 570 8785
>                     ~

Just an "official" answer to a different question that included:
MVS 4.3 and back are not certified for Y2K.
MVS 4.3 and back will be off support by then
MVS 4.3 and back will NOT be retrofitted, PTFed, ect to support
  Y2K.

In other words, you better be on OS/390 by then. Or else (not sure,
but at least one user said he could not set the clock to 2000 on
his older hardware.



Wed, 01 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Y2K and SYSLOG

  Just an "official" answer to a different question that included:
  MVS 4.3 and back are not certified for Y2K.
  MVS 4.3 and back will be off support by then
  MVS 4.3 and back will NOT be retrofitted, PTFed, ect to support
    Y2K.

  In other words, you better be on OS/390 by then. Or else (not sure,
  but at least one user said he could not set the clock to 2000 on
  his older hardware.

This raises again an interesting question which I?have not yet seen
answered.  We all expect that MVS/XA and earlier versions of ESA?will
fail in transition to the year 2000.  How?  Surely someone has tested
this.  I?am curious exactly what beyond cosmetic issues with date
presentation is going to fall down...  I?am sure something will but
what?

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson

(work)



Wed, 01 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Y2K and SYSLOG

Quote:


>   Just an "official" answer to a different question that included:
>   MVS 4.3 and back are not certified for Y2K.
>   MVS 4.3 and back will be off support by then
>   MVS 4.3 and back will NOT be retrofitted, PTFed, ect to support
>     Y2K.

>   In other words, you better be on OS/390 by then. Or else (not sure,
>   but at least one user said he could not set the clock to 2000 on
>   his older hardware.

> This raises again an interesting question which I have not yet seen
> answered.  We all expect that MVS/XA and earlier versions of ESA will
> fail in transition to the year 2000.  How?  Surely someone has tested
> this.  I am curious exactly what beyond cosmetic issues with date
> presentation is going to fall down...  I am sure something will but
> what?

>         Best Regards,

>                 Sam Knutson

> (work)


Sam:

Get into http://service.software.ibm.com/390.us/support and search for
"YR2000".  Note that there are no PTFs for anything below 5.1.

SMF, C/I and RMF leap out.

BR



Thu, 02 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Y2K and SYSLOG

With OS/390 r2 you have the choice to display the year in the SYSLOG as YY
or YYYY (the latter must be requested through a new parameter in



Thu, 02 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 Y2K and SYSLOG


Quote:

>Sam:

>Get into http://service.software.ibm.com/390.us/support and search for
>"YR2000".  Note that there are no PTFs for anything below 5.1.

>SMF, C/I and RMF leap out.

>BR

For complete IBM information see http://www.ibm.com/year2000
It provides information for all IBM products, not just system/390 as well as
indicating how to ask specific questions for your installation.

Sherry Goncharsky
DFSMS and ADSM investment, strategy and plans
IBM Storage Systems Division  (Tucson)



Fri, 03 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Y2K and SYSLOG

2. Y2K Weather Report # 8 - A Y2K spring.

3. Y2K Weather Report # 8 - A Y2K spring.

4. COBOL's HIGH-VALUE and Y2K problems (was Re: Engines to Die for Y2K

5. Y2K Weather Report # 8 - A Y2K spring.

6. Use awk to print syslog output to terminal with colors

7. Array bounds checking (was: [8lgm]-Advisory-22.UNIX.syslog.2-Aug-1995)

8. trapping command from syslog

9. Bug in syslog module?

10. simple syslog extension

11. syslog viewer (newbie question)

12. syslog error

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software