mvs jcl
Author Message
 mvs jcl

Quote:
> a related question to assembler 370. Is there anyway to program a mutiple step
> jcl job to be interactive as it is runs or at the beginning of the job
        determine
> what steps to run. I don't want to have to actually modify the jcl all the

        time.

interactive?  as in interfacing to a user?  sure:  if the executing
program does some computation, it can issue a DYNALLOC (SVC 99) to
allocate the appropriate IO device, such as a terminal.

further, it could use the INTRDR facility to submit job steps according
to conditions.

but is this the right way to do things?  why does it have to be run
under JCL and not TSO, or even CMS?  jcl is painful.

peter{*filter*}herow

Tue, 02 Nov 1993 00:45:36 GMT
 mvs jcl

Quote:

>but is this the right way to do things?  why does it have to be run
>under JCL and not TSO, or even CMS?  jcl is painful.

>peter{*filter*}herow

Peter

I have to send a tape containing files to various sites and have no idea
what they have besides MVS. Some people use one or two files while others
may use the entire tape.

thanks

steve

--

3M Health Information Systems
Wallingford, Connecticut

I've never really trusted Smokey the Bear.  Everytime I see him I
wonder what happened to the Boy Scout that was orginally wearing that hat.

Sat, 06 Nov 1993 03:51:27 GMT

1. MVS and MVS JCL Users Group/Info Sources

2. MVS JCL

3. MVS JCL

4. US-MA Boston Area Contract Position: Cobol-Cobol II-DB2-MVS/JCL

5. US-FL-West Palm Beach:: Great Opportunities with COBOL MVS, JCL, TSO CICS

6. NE - Omaha - Software Development Analyst - COBOL MVS JCL ROSCOE VSAM CICS

7. IBM MVS JCL

8. IBM MVS JCL

9. MVS, JCL, VSAM, and CICS...

10. Seeking Cobol Programmer (MVS, JCL, CICS, DB2, IMS, , IDMS, VSAM) Perm position - OHIO

11. JOB-US-FL-Orlando - COBOL MVS JCL Testers