TASM 3 / MMX instructions CMPXCHG ORG
Author Message
 TASM 3 / MMX instructions CMPXCHG ORG

Hello,
I am doing a report on MMX instructions, and i have to use it in TASM 3
little 's programs.
I can't use others ASM (obliged)
then, i have download a intel's macro and it worked great :)

My problem is i can't explain how this macro worked

for exemple, when i use it for doing
PSUBSB MM5,[EAX+EDI+50000],
the macro makes  (mod/rm)
db 0Fh, 0E8h, 0ACh, 38, 50, 0C3h, 00, 00
with only this little code :

PSUBSB    macro   dst:req, src:req
        local   x, y
    DefineMMxRegs
x:
        cmpxchg   src, dst
y:
        org     x+1
        db    opc_Psubsb
        org     y
    UnDefineMMxRegs
endm

How it worked ?

--
TRUCHE Jean-Marc   Besan?on, France

#icq : 24167945
web-site /    site :   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 TASM 3 / MMX instructions CMPXCHG ORG
Ce n'est pas le bon forum, collgue.
Le MMX est cordialement mpris par les esthtes du S/370
(faire chanter les couleurs ne nous intresse pas).

------

Quote:
>Hello,
>I am doing a report on MMX instructions, and i have to use it in TASM 3
>little 's programs.
>I can't use others ASM (obliged)
>then, i have download a intel's macro and it worked great :)

>My problem is i can't explain how this macro worked

>for exemple, when i use it for doing
>PSUBSB MM5,[EAX+EDI+50000],
>the macro makes  (mod/rm)
>db 0Fh, 0E8h, 0ACh, 38, 50, 0C3h, 00, 00
>with only this little code :

>PSUBSB    macro   dst:req, src:req
>        local   x, y
>    DefineMMxRegs
>x:
>        cmpxchg   src, dst
>y:
>        org     x+1
>        db    opc_Psubsb
>        org     y
>    UnDefineMMxRegs
>endm

>How it worked ?

>--
>TRUCHE Jean-Marc   Besan?on, France

>#icq : 24167945
>web-site /    site :   http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jean-marc.truche/

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 TASM 3 / MMX instructions CMPXCHG ORG

Quote:

>Hello,
>I am doing a report on MMX instructions, and i have to use it in TASM 3
>little 's programs.
>I can't use others ASM (obliged)
>then, i have download a intel's macro and it worked great :)

I did once know someone who used the asm370 assembler to assemble
8080, 6800, and 6502 code.  All the instructions were done using macros.

Special programs processed the output files to make the listing look
right and the object program into intel format.

This was before 8086, and I don't know if an 8086 version existed.

It would, of course, be easy to add more instructions.

-- glen

Tue, 23 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. TASM 3 / MMX instructions CMPXCHG ORG

2. MMX and extended instruction sets in TASM 5.0

3. What Tasm version for MMX instructions?

4. TASM with MMX instructions..

5. TASM and MMx instructions (2/2)

6. TASM and MMx instructions (1/2)

7. intel asm: cmpxchg instruction

8. xml.smalltalk.org, mod.smalltalk.org and camp.smalltalk.org DNS problems resolved

9. mmx instructions

10. Saturated Addition with MMX instructions

11. Cache Miss Reduction & MMX Instructions

12. MMX instructions.